Martin Monterey MR1

Started by PR19_Kit, June 14, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on June 18, 2017, 10:05:42 AM

Try building the Mach2 AW Argos that takes a fair tube or two!

After this one is done I may never even LOOK at another Mach2 kit!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

You might be waiting a long time for Airfix to release the Avro York.

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on June 18, 2017, 02:04:52 PM
You might be waiting a long time for Airfix to release the Avro York.

What has the Avro York got to do with this build? No one other than yourself McColm has mentioned it and when you did you had your information wrong.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Today's been spent in PSRing to the max. I've sanded off more putty on thus kit than I've used on my previous 3-4 builds.  :banghead: :banghead:

I have finished all the interior stuff, so it's getting pretty close to gluing the two fuselage halves together. And not before time either.

I also decided to give it a MAD boom and trimmed off the rearward ECM aerial to this end, and it will be replaced lower down on the fin.

As for Yorks, I don't need an Airfix or a Mach2 York, I've got all the York kits I need already thanks..............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ericr

long live seaplanes !

it will be impressive !

I have tried a few Mach2 kits, and found them indeed to require some sports ;
luckily for me, my standards are flexible enough to obtain some satisfaction

PR19_Kit

I've managed to dig the Valiant tanker conversion kit out from under the book mountain now, so I may be able do some work on that this evening.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

McColm

Are you going to add a searchlight on the wing similar to the BAe Nimrod or a pylon above the wingtips?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on June 19, 2017, 09:36:28 AM

Are you going to add a searchlight on the wing similar to the BAe Nimrod or a pylon above the wingtips?

One would fit into the nose of one wingtip float perhaps. It'll be a matter of finding the right shaped clear bit.

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Interior work looks awesome!!  I like the sound of the boom, as well... I always thought they looked really cool. Adds a fair bit of character I'd imagine!
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

The die is cast now, I glued the fuselage halves together. Most of it is OK, but the cockpit was too wide by around 1.5 mm.  :banghead:

I filed it down as much as I could, but it's still not good, and I'll either have to apply a LARGE G cramp to it, or I'll have to fill the resulting gaps with a mountain of putty. One side of the fuselage is also about 1 mm too high compared to the other, which will need some sort of treatment, I'm not sure what as yet.

I built up the IFR parts from the Valiant conversion kit, and it was WONDERFUL to deal with some parts that actually fitted!  :thumbsup: I've shortened the main mounting panel to fit the bomb bay door and glued the whole assembly together, you can see it in its own and in position in the fuselage below. A fair amount to do on that yet, like scratchbuilding the large fuel tank that sits in front of the hose reel, and filling in the gaps around it, but it's looking pretty much like the real thing did.

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Nice work Kit you're really making it look easy !  :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 20, 2017, 06:31:09 AM

Nice work Kit you're really making it look easy !  :wub:

Really?

It doesn't seem like it at this end, but then I'm only posting pics of the end of the day's work, rather than the trials and tribulations of actually doing it.

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

It looks like you're doing a very good job of taming the Mach2!  :thumbsup:
As I am a pervert, after reading your earlier posts and other comments, I bought sunday in a flea market the Mach2 Kaman Huskie.  ;D :banghead:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on June 20, 2017, 09:37:14 AM

As I am a pervert, after reading your earlier posts and other comments, I bought sunday in a flea market the Mach2 Kaman Huskie.  ;D :banghead:

Now that's one I haven't got, and it's a great looking aircraft to my mind. I'd be interested in what you think of it.

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: loupgarou on June 20, 2017, 09:37:14 AM
It looks like you're doing a very good job of taming the Mach2!  :thumbsup:
;D ;D ;D

I hate to admit it, but, so long as I can get them at the right price, I want to get all I can... I wouldn't have passed it up, either!  I'd like to get my hands on the Tornado, I had my eye on that one even back before I knew how challenging the kits can be. Man what a surprise I would have had if I had bought one!  ;D ;D ;D   I think maybe I'm willing to try buiding one now but back then I don't think I could have coped with it very well.

-Sprues McDuck-