Martin Monterey MR1

Started by PR19_Kit, June 14, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I've spent all day working on the beaching trolley, putting the air bags in position on their various brackets, and adding the air feed lines etc. So far I've got HALF of them installed!  :banghead:

This is by far the most complicated model I've ever built in all my years, and it would have been a lot easier without the beaching trolley, but I think flying boats look very silly leaning over to one side on their tip floats on a show stand, so they have to have some sort of beaching gear to my mind.

I had to file flats on the inside of the three-pack and the sideways air bag to enable the aircraft to sit in place properly, and I expect I'll have to do some more when I get the bags fitted on the other side.

The floats still need to be sealed and painted before I glue them in place.

In the meanwhile have a look at the pics and think 'Yes, Kit's DEFINITELY round the twist!'  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

Kit, not defiantly not " round the twist"   :o  its dedication, shear utter dedication.  :thumbsup:
and that trolley looks splendid so far.  keep at it, its coming together well.  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kitnut617

Definitately not Kit, that is a masterpiece
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Wow, that is defo a work of art ! Love this project.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

This has got to go into the Mushroom Trophy at the Nats!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 26, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

I agree, without the aircraft!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on July 26, 2017, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 26, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

I agree, without the aircraft!

Gondor

Hehehe, maybe so, but without the aircraft it's not a Whiff, except it'll be painted the wrong colour.

Around that time, the late 50s, early 60s, the RAF painted EVERYTHING RAF Blue/Grey, and that's how the trolley will be painted too, apart from the details, and I may do the floats in yellow.

I was thinking about putting the whole thing in for the Mushroom, first time I've entered for a few years.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Magnificent job on the trolley Kit and I still think in those colours it looks like a CAD drawing in a instruction leaflet.

Mind you has it crossed your mind how much of that detail you will see with the aircraft sat on top of it ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Wow, that looks fantastic.  :o :o
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 27, 2017, 06:21:45 AM

Mind you has it crossed your mind how much of that detail you will see with the aircraft sat on top of it ?  ;)

More than once, usually when trying to get the airbags at the correct angles, but it's got to be done.

Maybe I'll just display the trolley at some shows?  ;D

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

wonder woman's invisible  flying boat?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 27, 2017, 01:09:13 PM

Maybe I'll just display the trolley at some shows?  ;D

it would certainly deserve it, and that would be the birth of a new category maybe?

I am following not only the trolley, but the flying boat as well, and am impressed at your tenacity!

PR19_Kit

My tenacity has taken a break for a few days, but I'll get back on it maybe Saturday evening.

I've started to see turquoise beads before my eyes.  ;D

Regards
Kit