Martin Monterey MR1

Started by PR19_Kit, June 14, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

What's 'pricey' in this context?

I found a few pairs down the town today, but the most expensive was about £7.00 or so. Lydney's not exactly the centre of high fashion, even in this part of the rural world!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I sanded down the floats, sanding sealed them (remember that stuff?) and glued them in place, and them primed the whole shebang. It's weird seeing it all the same colour now, but it still looks wildly complicated!

It'll need a little PSR on the air bags and the floats before I can colour coat it, but I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Comin together like a set of butt cheeks!  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :thumbsup:

And yeah.... definitely striking now seeing it all one color. Can't wait to see the paint going on!
-Sprues McDuck-

rickshaw

Startin' to look like a store bought one, now, Kit!  :thumbsup:

So, when are you going to start pouring the moulds?  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on August 14, 2017, 06:42:37 PM
Startin' to look like a store bought one, now, Kit!  :thumbsup:

So, when are you going to start pouring the moulds?  ;)

Hehehe.  ;D

Can you IMAGINE what a mould for one would be like?  :o :o :o :o

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 14, 2017, 08:01:02 AM
What's 'pricey' in this context?

I found a few pairs down the town today, but the most expensive was about £7.00 or so. Lydney's not exactly the centre of high fashion, even in this part of the rural world!  :o

I honestly can't remember now but they were just under £20 I think ? Plus a drink for the young lady  ;) But as said that was via the "trade".
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I wish I'd taken a bit longer PSRing the trolley's airbags now, maybe even priming them before assembly! It's a real pain PSRing them in situ, but I'll get there.

The IFR hose reel and transfer tank is now ready for its colour coat after a lot of gap filling and PSRing. Here it is in position under the Monterey's fuselage.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Very good Kit.  Looks like a death ray.
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 16, 2017, 02:15:16 AM

Very good Kit.  Looks like a death ray.
;D

Hehehe, maybe I'll forget building the minute etched Vulcan cannon for rear defence and use the 'Death Ray' instead.  ;D

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I've got the first colour coat, RAF Blue/Grey, on the trolley's frame, but I'm not going to post pics of it until all the painting's done and that'll be some time next week I guess.

I gave up PSRing the air bags after seven sessions, a guy can go mad like that.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Probably 4 or 5 more sessions than I would have done  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 18, 2017, 06:42:02 AM

Probably 4 or 5 more sessions than I would have done  ;)

I nearly gave up at 4 PSR sessions, but the air bags didn't really look like air bags at that stage.  :banghead:

I got the first colour coat on the main frame last night and it looks much more like a model of a trolley now and not a CAD drawing of itself.  ;D

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 17, 2017, 03:37:36 PM
a guy can go mad like that.

I do believe, Kit, that the correct term here on this forum should be madder!  :rolleyes:

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

CammNut

He has sailed past madder and is well on his way to maddest, which is to be admired

NARSES2

Quote from: CammNut on August 18, 2017, 03:13:57 PM
He has sailed past madder and is well on his way to maddest, which is to be admired

Isn't that a shade of red ?  ;) ;D