Started by PR19_Kit, June 14, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

Glad the tape was exactly what you were after Kit

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Actually I got that round my neck, sorry.  :banghead: :banghead:

I decided not to have ANY white on the wings, just the fuselage top and the planning area, like a flying boat Shackleton in fact. I thought the white wings were just a tad over the top, but I'm open to discussion on the matter.  ;D

The LAST round of PSR went OK, for a change, and it's looking quite good now. The loading bay hatch works pretty well too, which is pleasing. The first colour coat will go on later today with luck.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

That chcoice of colour scheme really does work well. The smaller amount of white with the R/W/B roundels makes a very good contrast to the darker foil/background.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

That's it, the last PSR session and the last primer coat are done!  ;D ;D

First colour coat goes on later this evening, and not before time too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The white top and planning area's painted, and it's looking REALLY good! <big head mode off>

I'm dead chuffed with it anyway, and the pile of masking tape that I stripped off it afterwards was AWESOME! I'll have to re-stock on Tamiya tape this week for sure.

Here's some pics of the current state of affairs.

Top view, and it's not far off what it'll look like when it's finished, just the grey will be quite a bit darker

Underside showing the matching AAR bomb door

Yes, that really is an 'Orange Harvest' aerial filched from a FROG Shackleton kit.  ;D The Monterey's aerial is retractable, thus the doors on either side of it

And just for the hell of it, here's the whole assembly together. Note the AAR probe on the nose, it's pretty fragile though

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Simple but very nice, i like the looks of that big thing and the detail of the antenna is a nice touch. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

McColm

NARSES2

It really is looking the business Kit  :thumbsup: Shame it hides all that work on the trolley  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 02, 2017, 06:57:29 AM

It really is looking the business Kit  :thumbsup: Shame it hides all that work on the trolley  ;)

Thank you kindly, it looks even better now with the Dark Sea Grey on. I've done the fuselage and the tail so far, waiting for them to dry before doing the wings. The decals are all drawn up or allocated from other sheets to hand, so things are looking good.

I'm going to display it with a pic of the unpainted trolley alongside, just to make the point.  ;)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

chrisonord

Looking good Kit, I have quietly been watching this creature evolve, and it is a marvel to behold considering what you have been through with it. The beaching trolley deserves a thread all of it's own. As for the 20 mm gattling gun, I have one of those too, and yes I tried and failed several times to build it, so I improvised, and bought some quickboost 1/48th scale minigun barrels, which although don't work out at a scale 20 mm caliber, they do the job for me, and would rather live with that than give myself a nervous breakdown/ stroke/ heart attack/tourettes episode.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Scooterman

JayBee

I really wanted to wait to the end of this build before making any comment, but I can't.

BRILLIANT

'nuffsaid.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

ericr