Martin Monterey MR1

Started by PR19_Kit, June 14, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

No words !! - that sound you hear revurberating around the internet is my jaw hitting the keyboard.

Ian.
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PR19_Kit

Thank you Ian.  ;D

It was by far the most difficult Whiff I've ever built, maybe the most difficult build of any sort.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2017, 05:02:41 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on October 18, 2017, 04:22:17 PM

Still doesn't make me want to buy a Mach 2 kit though.  :-X

That's good thinking Chris.  :thumbsup:

And thanks so much, glad you like it. Will you be coming to Telford, as the Monterey will surely be there?
Hya Kit,
Not sure I will be at Telford as I go in hospital next month on the 28th, and need to watch my pennies for a while, plus I don't have a car only my bike.
Hopefully someone from here will take some pics of her in all her splendor. It and you deserve a meal for building it too, as you have had "fun "with it.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

I had hoped to finish the micro-assembly of the Vulcan cannon for the Monterey's tail gun, but that plan's just gone out the window.  :banghead:

I've spent a couple of hours today vainly trying to slide the teeny-weeny 6 bore separators onto the barrels  but to no avail. Having got three barrels fitted I then dropped the whole lot, which separated itself into its component parts! So that's it, I can't find two of the barrels nor the separator so I don't have enough bits to make it now.

It's far too small for someone with my size fingers to assemble so unless anyone makes a white metal or resin Vulcan cannon the Monterey will have to remain defenceless to the rear.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2017, 08:42:17 AM
I had hoped to finish the micro-assembly of the Vulcan cannon for the Monterey's tail gun, but that plan's just gone out the window.  :banghead:

I've spent a couple of hours today vainly trying to slide the teeny-weeny 6 bore separators onto the barrels  but to no avail. Having got three barrels fitted I then dropped the whole lot, which separated itself into its component parts! So that's it, I can't find two of the barrels nor the separator so I don't have enough bits to make it now.

It's far too small for someone with my size fingers to assemble so unless anyone makes a white metal or resin Vulcan cannon the Monterey will have to remain defenceless to the rear.

When I get the Vulcan Kit, I will build and send it to you so you can refit the Monterey with its armament  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on November 06, 2017, 09:28:22 AM

When I get the Vulcan Kit, I will build and send it to you so you can refit the Monterey with its armament  :thumbsup:

Gondor

I hope you have very small fingers Alastair, and a VERY big magnifying glass!

And I'll be very grateful if you do.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Glenn Gilbertson

Another truly magnificent model - well worth the hard work! Well, done, kit. :bow: