Solvalou Fighter - it is what you can make it!

Started by Faust, June 14, 2017, 02:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

One thing I'm not into, and never really was, is video games. I never got the allure of spending lots of time and money standing in crowded arcades when I could stay home and work on a model. However, one thing I AM into is cool-looking spaceships! It doesn't matter to me if I know their backstory or not, for me spacecraft provoke a very deep and immediate response.

In this case, I was drawn to the Wave Non-Scale "Solvalou" fighter from a famous (well, not to me, but...) videogame of the '80s. This game was called "Xevious", and while successful here, it was a huge hit in its homeland of Japan. To honour the game's anniversary, kitmaker WAVE issued this model a few years ago.

I'm not sure about it's origins, but man, it's a neat looking ship with all kinds of potential! It could be a Nazi Space Fighter, or make a neat follow up to an F-85! I know it's a bit off topic, but with all that possibility built it, I couldn't resist!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/wave-non-scale-solvalou-fighter-oob/

KJ_Lesnick

Would it be okay to insert real aircraft characteristics into it?  Because I could see a F7U in it (intakes, tailless configuration, engines in the back, twin fins)
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Faust

That's an interesting point. I must say I never considered that.

Cool concept!