Handley-Page Jetstream "Spirit of Margaritaville".

Started by CSMO, June 19, 2017, 08:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSMO

The kit comes with USAF decals and Garrett turboprop motors. These aircraft never materialized in this form.

I've turned the center section of the nacelles upside-down just to be different. I have some 4- blade propellers that I may reshape to give the model a different appearance.

I'm figuring out what to do next, as I really don't know at this point what the finished model will look like.

Adios, Larry.
"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

PR19_Kit

Quote from: CSMO on June 19, 2017, 08:49:01 PM

The kit comes with USAF decals and Garrett turboprop motors. These aircraft never materialized in this form.

Actually it did, but not in those markings.

The USAF ordered 11 of them, fitted with the Garrett engines, to ne known as the C-10A, and one of the prototypes flew in that form too. The aircraft were in production when the USAF cancelled the order late in 1969 IIRC.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 19, 2017, 10:47:31 PM
Quote from: CSMO on June 19, 2017, 08:49:01 PM

Actually it did, but not in those markings.

The USAF ordered 11 of them, fitted with the Garrett engines, to ne known as the C-10A, and one of the prototypes flew in that form too. The aircraft were in production when the USAF cancelled the order late in 1969 IIRC.

The prototype, wearing mock USAF markings appeared in the opening episode of the Gerry Anderson TV series, "UFO"...    :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

McColm

I'll follow this build with interest as I too have this model in my stash.

zenrat

I missed out on one of these at the Model Expo Swap & Sell.  Shame as it'd look good in zenrat industries colours.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

TBH, they're not that hard to find.  Not easy, but not hard either.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Nice start. Be great to see this kit. A first here É I don`t recall another. It would be nice to see some colour on her, or a modern one all lumps and bumps like a King Air.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

JayBee

Here are two Airfix Jetstreams that I did earlier.

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,40523.0.html

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,37771.0.html

Off course not long after I completed the AEW one a kit of the J31 appeared on the market!   :rolleyes:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

CSMO

This will be a civilian build of some kind. I've entered it in the Civil Group Build on Hyperscale's Classic British Kits sub-forum.

Adios, Larry.
"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

CSMO

UPDATE: the wing and nacelles are finished. Fit was great. No putty was harmed in the production of this subassembly. A Flexi-file smoothed everything out.

I've made 4-blade propellers from the blades and front spinner halves from 2 Heller P-39s and rear halves from Contrail tube stock. They look a little heftier than the stock 3- blade units

More later.

Adios, Larry.

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

sandiego89

Nice job.

Hmmmm with folding wings outboard of the engines and a tail hook and it could be a COD/VIP transport.....
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

CSMO

This being a civilian luxury executive people hauler, I've cobbled up a comfortable interior from junk found in the scrapbox and a plastic card floorboard. More later. Adios, Larry.

PR19_Kit

The 4-bladed props really suit it, great idea.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Nice work on the interior but where's the rotating bed and cocktail cabinet? :mellow:

Lee - TBH myself I wasn't aware of it until I saw someone walk past me with it in their hands at which point I thought "hmmm, that looks good".  I'll be keeping my eyes out now.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..