Handley-Page Jetstream "Spirit of Margaritaville".

Started by CSMO, June 19, 2017, 08:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Watched a Jetstream taking off yesterday at work, always liked that aircraft.  There's a few of them that look like the Airfix kit around the airfield at YYC, not many of the Mk.40 and above though.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 21, 2017, 03:56:35 AM
  I'll be keeping my eyes out now.

Relying on the electronics ? Internal or externally carried ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

I seem to remember way back in my early days here one of these appeared as a Spooky-style gunship. Aeroplane Driver, perhaps?
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

CSMO

Interior paint complete. The cabin windows are like coke bottle bottoms, so this is good enough.

Airframe is glued up with Tamiya Extra-Thin Cement. 10 grams of lead added up front.

This is a nacelle with the kit parts shuffled around.

The Heller P-39 propellers with modified spinner rear sections. I'm thinking of squaring off the tips.

Current state of play:

More later.

Adios, Larry.

"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2017, 07:04:17 AM

I gave myself a face full of sawdust today.  It would have been nice to have been able to remove them, rinse them and the sockets and then put them back in.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 22, 2017, 04:48:30 AM

I gave myself a face full of sawdust today.  It would have been nice to have been able to remove them, rinse them and the sockets and then put them back in.

Obviously a fault in the initial design, can you make a warranty claim?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 22, 2017, 04:48:30 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2017, 07:04:17 AM

£ Store style dermal filler ?  ;)

Sounds painful. I gave myself a minor dose of Arc Eyes at school whilst doing some welding in metal work and that was very, very painful.

Take care the eyes are very important and to easily damaged.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

My glasses protect me from most flying debris.  I probably should wear goggles and a mask though.
Especially since I just realised the paint that was also on the door I am working on almost certainly contains lead.
But enough of this hijacking.

Back to the Jetstream.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

CSMO

The first color is on!

More later.

Adios, Larry.

"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

Dizzyfugu

Nice! How's the ground clearance with the new (bigger?) propellers and the reversed engines?

CSMO

Haven't got that far yet. I'm planning on shortening and squaring off the blades, so it shouldn't be a problem.  I've got a Plan B for a different propeller setup. Time will tell.

More later.

Adios, Larry.

NARSES2

PR19_Kit

Looks very smart so far. That colour suits the airframe somehow.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

CSMO

Second color is on. More later. Adios, Larry.

zenrat

Green and Gold.  Very smart.
:thumbsup:
Fred