Project Witches' World - IFN Seiryū せいりゅう -

Started by Velvet_Scarlantina, June 22, 2017, 06:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velvet_Scarlantina

5 months on and she's complete.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Outstanding!  :thumbsup:

I like the little dudes all over the deck, something you rarely see on carrier models.

And what scale is it please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Velvet_Scarlantina

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 22, 2017, 08:01:29 AM
Outstanding!  :thumbsup:

I like the little dudes all over the deck, something you rarely see on carrier models.

And what scale is it please?

1/700

I saw the tiny dudes on 3dmodelparts.com and I decided to try it out.

PR19_Kit

1/700? Strewth, that's even better than I thought, that's SUPERB work you've done there.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

bearmatt

The carpet monster took it!

zenrat

Fantastic.  A truely awesome bit of work.  I am jealous of your eyesight, dexterity and patience.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Awesome!!  Lots going on here...... I gather from the name "Witches World" that the round blue stuff is some sort of magical goings on??  Or something???    Totally cool and great work for the scale.. I've done 1/700 Corsairs (not to the awesome level of quality of your aircraft) before but I couldn't imagine trying to paint 1/700 PEOPLE.  I also love the AWACS stuff going on.... 

One hell of a carrier you got there, for sure!!!!
-Sprues McDuck-

Velvet_Scarlantina

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 23, 2017, 02:45:23 AM
Awesome!!  Lots going on here...... I gather from the name "Witches World" that the round blue stuff is some sort of magical goings on??  Or something???    Totally cool and great work for the scale.. I've done 1/700 Corsairs (not to the awesome level of quality of your aircraft) before but I couldn't imagine trying to paint 1/700 PEOPLE.  I also love the AWACS stuff going on.... 

One hell of a carrier you got there, for sure!!!!

Those circular blue stuff are actually magic circles. This is how it looks like at their level -

The people are actually easy to paint. I primed them when they are on their plane and than using a sharp knife and 2 of those pill cases that I got from the local Muji store (http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=18&Sub=78&PID=4958) I cut them out according to the roles that they play on deck and put them together. E.g. all the plane handlers, including the taxing officer, petty officer and enlisted personnel all in 1 labeled pill box. To colour, simple, get them to stand on Tamiya masking tape that's laid on my paint box.

TheChronicOne

IMPRESSIVE. I like your thinking which is.. err... INSIDE the "box!"  Pill cases... I suddenly glance upon my prescriptions with a thoughtful eye...   

Nice work.. for a person completely not in the know such as myself to pick up on what you're putting down lends to your craftsmanship.
-Sprues McDuck-

Velvet_Scarlantina

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 23, 2017, 08:36:57 PM
IMPRESSIVE. I like your thinking which is.. err... INSIDE the "box!"  Pill cases... I suddenly glance upon my prescriptions with a thoughtful eye...   

Nice work.. for a person completely not in the know such as myself to pick up on what you're putting down lends to your craftsmanship.

Thanks. I actually learnt that trick from someone in one of those 1/700 groups I'm in on FB

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Velvet_Scarlantina on June 23, 2017, 09:00:25 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 23, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

Thanks. I actually learnt that trick from someone in one of those 1/700 groups I'm in on FB

Ain't that type of thing so neat??  It's those bits of tips and tricks that have me all re-motivated when I find them. Some times it's "why didn't I think of that?!" and just so happens those are the best ones.  ;D   Even right here sometimes I miss things, but I go back and re-read and happen across a new method to try.
-Sprues McDuck-