Main Menu

The Bat Boat

Started by kpnuts, June 24, 2017, 08:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpnuts

Hi all this is my first post on here tc2324 suggested I join as he thought this would go down well here.
It's actually revells 1/72 flower class corvette, I started building it as a corvette and was going to rc it but as often happens I got bored (I very rarely build as it should be) I had the airfix working jet engine which I found very dissaponting detail wise so I came up with this.
I hope you like it, I thought when finished it looked quite boring but it seems to have gone down well where I've posted it.

NARSES2

Wellcome aboard, nice work  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Philbouq

Welcome!

do you have pics of the whole ship? from the side.
I really like Bat projects but I cannot imagine what this one looks like.

Some pics of the WIP also?
the French scifi modelling community : www.cyber-mecha.com

Rheged

I was imagining a slightly different item here..........

Kipling wrote about racing "bat boats" (a sort of sail hydrofoil)  in a short article associated with his short story "With the Night Mail"

http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/rg_withnight1.htm

Come to think of it, his postal airships could be considered early whiffery.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TheChronicOne

Too cool for school, bro!!  Not to shab, not to shabby at all!  Welcome, BTW.  :D
-Sprues McDuck-

kpnuts

Hi thanks for the replys I have pics of the whole build should anyone be interested

McColm

TheChronicOne

Quote from: kpnuts on June 25, 2017, 12:49:09 PM
Hi thanks for the replys I have pics of the whole build should anyone be interested

Knock yourself out, bud! I'm sure a lot of us here would love to see the process. You might even consider going to the "blogs" section here and starting your own model building blog! That's what I do.. aside from group builds, I put everything in my blog. I also have a separate thread right here in the "picture posts finished builds (aircraft)" section for just pictures of the actual finished models (and conversation).
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

I love it!

That's just the sort of thing the 1960s show would come up with: the designers would specify a fast-looking luxury yacht, the producers would nix it on budget grounds, then the production department would find something slow, unglamourous but cheap and dress it up to look the part.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Philbouq

Quote from: kpnuts on June 25, 2017, 12:49:09 PM
Of course, we're!!
Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 25, 2017, 04:32:06 PM
Knock yourself out, bud! I'm sure a lot of us here would love to see the process.
indeed!

TheChronicOne

Hi Phil, looks like a "welcome" is order for you as well (from me, anyway). Great to have you!  :lol: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Philbouq

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 27, 2017, 03:08:12 AM
Hi Phil, looks like a "welcome" is order for you as well (from me, anyway). Great to have you!  :lol: :lol:
Ooops...
I plead guilty!

I spend too much time in the net and not enough at my desk...  :-\

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Philbouq on June 28, 2017, 01:30:35 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 27, 2017, 03:08:12 AM
Ooops...
I plead guilty!

I spend too much time in the net and not enough at my desk...  :-\
;D ;D ;D

I know the feeling all too well. . . :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-