Lockheed model 081-40-01 XFV-1 Salmon

Martin model 262 XFM-1

Northrop model N-63 XF3T-1

More on my site: http://airwar1946.nl/whif/L46-USNVTOL.htm

TomZ
http://www.airwar1946.nl/index.htm
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

sandiego89

Fantastic!  They look great in that color. I tend to favor the Pogo and the Salmon as they actually flew, but the Northrop N-63 really got my attention!  Well done. 

Too bad the T-40 engine was such a nightmare, 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

McColm

PR19_Kit

Totally AWESOME!  :thumbsup:

What was the source of the various models, except I guess the Pogo was the KP kit?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 24, 2017, 01:05:31 PM
What was the source of the various models, except I guess the Pogo was the KP kit?

Convair XFY-1 Pogo - KP
Goodyear 28B - Fantastic Plastic
Lockheed XFV-1 - Valom
Martin M262 - Fantastic Plastic
Norethrop N63 - Fantastic Plastic

TomZ

Dizzyfugu

Sexy! What a great collection!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Mmmmmm, lovely.
I've struggled with a Valom Salmon.  You've done a good job.  Did you get the props to rotate?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sandiego89

Thanks for providing the link to your site as well.  I don't see how the Goodyear manages to stay on its wheels (in model form or if had been built).  Looks like it should flop on its belly.   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on June 25, 2017, 06:43:05 AM
  I don't see how the Goodyear manages to stay on its wheels (in model form or if had been built).  Looks like it should flop on its belly.   

Nor do I, but it's my favourite of a fabulous bunch and an aircraft I wasn't aware of as well.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Quote from: sandiego89 on June 25, 2017, 06:43:05 AM
I don't see how the Goodyear manages to stay on its wheels (in model form or if had been built). 

In model form it is tricky. I real life with the weight of the engine it would fall over for sure!

TomZ

TomZ

Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2017, 01:56:24 AM
I've struggled with a Valom Salmon.  You've done a good job.  Did you get the props to rotate?

The Valom kit is a beast for sure. All props are fixed.

TomZ

Weaver

What a splendid collection: well done!  :thumbsup: :wub:

I have a Pegasus Salmon in custody which is destined for Blue Angels colours when I pluck up the courage to attempt to build it....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

bearmatt

A fantastic collection and your whiffy nomination is absolutely deserved!

Quote from: Weaver on June 25, 2017, 12:50:53 PM
What a splendid collection: well done!  :thumbsup: :wub:

I have a Pegasus Salmon in custody which is destined for Blue Angels colours when I pluck up the courage to attempt to build it....

Oh...I can imagine how this could have looked with the Blue Angels: Not only would they fly in formation but they would have for sure done a formation VTOL start!  :wacko: :wub:

The carpet monster took it!

Tophe

Wonderful! :wub:
And making us feel a "horizontal" airplane is abnormal... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]