Stormzender Spiegel HP-022 - Finished Pics Pg 4

Started by zenrat, July 03, 2017, 04:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I've been slowly moving along with this one.  I want to paint all the pink bits at the same time so I have lots os small pieces to prepare and attach to toothpicks etc.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

All the bits that have to be pink are now pink and I have started painting the driver figure.  Unusually for a female anime character she isn't wearing a short skirt and doesn't have huge eyes.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

Is it a standing figure, as shown in the box art, or a sitting/driving figure for the cockpit?

zenrat

Standing figure - different pose to the one on the box with no hat or crash helmet.  This one doesn't have a seated driver.  Some of them do but they are hugely undersized - nearer 1/35 than 1/25.
Fred

andyreb3

Kind of looks like The MACH 5 on super fuel.

zenrat

I've got one of them in that stash as well...
...Go speed racer, go speed racer, go speed racer go...
Fred

Dizzyfugu

Thank you. Really looking forward to the result!

zenrat

Pink parts are now cleared and I am allowing time for it to harden (I know from experience to do this).
But here's the driver.  She needs more work but you'll get the gist.
Stormzender WIP 19-9-17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

zenrat

Worked on the panel lines today.
Found an annoyingly bad section of seam I missed (only a few mm and it's nearly hidden under some other bodywork but I know it's there) which is going to bug me until I sand it back and try to touch it up.  I'll prolly make it worse but at least I now have an extra 2 weeks to sulk about it.
Had a moment of panic when I couldn't find the decals.  Went back up to the house and rummaged through the decal folder, went back to the shed and rummaged through the decal tin again and then finally found them in a free plastic slip folder HLJ sent me which I thought would be perfect for storing decals I was about to use, into which I had put said decals and then on top of which I had placed a workboot box containing a 1/18 die cast car trailer I am painting for a mate.
:banghead:
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 25, 2017, 05:07:35 AM

........ into which I had put said decals and then on top of which I had placed a workboot box containing a 1/18 die cast car trailer I am painting for a mate.
:banghead:

Think positive, at least it kept the decals flat.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

True.  Thank you for the silver lining Kit.

Nothing done today due to a combination of work and a visiting Auntie requiring me to sit, drink tea and eat lemon sponge cake.  It's a hard life...
Fred

PR19_Kit

Lemon sponge cake? All day? Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........  :wub: :wub: :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Envious salivating sounds emanating from North Herefordshire..............lucky chap!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

I didn't spend all day eating Lemon Sponge.  Just the 4 1/2 hours between morning work and afternoon work.

Today there was no Lemon Sponge and I managed to put these parts next to each other for a photo.
Stormzender WIP 27-9-17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

PR19_Kit

4.5 hrs eating lemon sponge cake sounds good to me anyway.  ;D

Whatever that PINK thingie is, it looks pretty darn good, emphasis on the 'pretty'..........  ;)

Regards
Kit