How many "in progress" kits are sitting on your workbench?

Started by strobez, July 05, 2017, 11:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Only one at mo, the YF-23 Black Widow... but as i write, i'm looking at the stash... might have something more by the end of the night... :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on July 07, 2017, 12:45:54 PM

E 1:72 Airfix Buccaneer S4a flying from HMS Queen Elizabeth after her 2025 refit.
F Dapol 00 gauge Evening Star loco in the full majesty of LMS express livery

Ooooohh, VERY interesting, both of them.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Ah, i made up my mind! :o While working on the YF-23, i had to go grab the DML/Dragon 1/72 YF-22 to steal the stabs and tails to see if they're of use for what i want to do, i remembered that i'd only used one of the TVC nozzles so, the other one could be of use... and out comes one Italeri 1/72 F-35! :wacko:
Also looking at the shelves of doom and there's a couple that i'm thinking of recovering, the Airfix Fw-190 A-8 and the Italeri Bf-109 F-4... Guess that makes it 4 now, and the night's not over yet... :rolleyes: ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

Too many starts on my bench. Too little time left after work and home maintenance.
LAV-25 has been sitting since 2003. I just need to move into painting and not AMS.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2017, 02:52:02 AM
All hail The Wooksta, king of the WIPs.
:bow: :bow:

In the open boxes that surround my bench and into which I dip daily I have three aircraft, one boat, one van, four cars and a truck.  In the stash?  I don't want to think about it.  But not as many as Lee.

Make that four planes.  I found one i'd forgotten about yesterday.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mondria

too many too count, okee most are 1/72 figure sculpts at least 20 of does, 2 1 man tanks, the mechanical infantry man (pre praying mantis prototype) and a Russian parachute tank, the Marasel M05, E-5 klein panzerjager, all full scratch and 3 kubelwagen with some add on parts, oooh forgot also a TAP 150 that is a Vespa scooter with a 75mm recoilless rifle. 
Greetings Mondria
-------------------------------------------
some of my work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.com/

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 07, 2017, 05:48:57 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 06, 2017, 08:20:26 AM
I am pretty proud to remain the king of unstarted projects...  ;D

Ah, now I have a notebook full of ideas, which gains new entries every week  ;D
Um... 'notebook', you say?

I have a series of 3-ring binders, some of which are about to overflow... WW2 Allied vehicles (X2), WW2 Axis vehicles, WW2 Soviet vehicles, Modern vehicles, the same 4 categories for Aircraft; Cars, Guns (Nerf or Airsoft conversions)
... and then there's the Sci-Fi/Whif, which eclipses them all. Oh and Fast Patrol Boats/etc as well.  And Figures. :o

And yes, I'm well aware that even in my early 50s, I'll never get around to many of them.  :banghead:

Ah well, a variety of options for projects can be good, as long as you make a decision rather than prevaricating because you're spoiled for choice...  ;D

zenrat

I keep a spreadsheet of my stash with an "ideas and comments" column in which I put what I think I might like to do to the kit and any comments from you lot regarding any possible build issues.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on July 07, 2017, 07:30:25 PM
I keep a spreadsheet of my stash with an "ideas and comments" column in which I put what I think I might like to do to the kit and any comments from you lot regarding any possible build issues.

That's a sensible idea.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 07, 2017, 07:31:56 PM

Yes, surprising I had it isn't it?
:o
Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on July 07, 2017, 07:51:58 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 07, 2017, 07:31:56 PM

Yes, surprising I had it isn't it?
:o

I never said a word... :-X

TheChronicOne

Depends on what we define as "in progress" and "bench." I know straight off we don't mean it literally.. but... how far does your "bench" extend? I have kits I haven't worked on in 8 years that could be said to be on the bench for the simple fact that it is not finished...yet.. I still plan to. That said, no work done in 8 years. Or.. the bench could mean things I've actually worked on in, say, the last couple of months. Then, of course, it comes down to what we feel is the cut off. Is it two weeks? Two months? Half a year? Then of course, ....

Got three of them bad boys.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

silverwindblade

I have three, and I thought that was a lot...

You lot are all mad xD
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Down to one!!! Just temporary, obviously. Going to add another back in so I'll be at two again. Going to try to finish a project that has been stalled for 25 years. A space shuttle.
-Sprues McDuck-