USAF Stargate Command Avrocar VZ-9G - Finished pics page 4

Started by zenrat, July 09, 2017, 02:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

In the beginning...
Avrocar by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Avrocar A-42 Bagel of Stargate Command's SG 51 Rapid Extraction Team.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Looks a simple build ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

A flying saucer? human (demoniac?) or extraterrestrial?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

Rick Lowe

I can just see the Tau'ri Chevron and Ring as a massive marking on the top of it - about like the triangle in the boxtop drawing.

I'll be interested to see this come to life.

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on July 09, 2017, 06:55:21 AM
A flying saucer? human (demoniac?) or extraterrestrial?

Appropriated extraterrestrial technology.

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 09, 2017, 04:28:53 PM
I can just see the Tau'ri Chevron and Ring as a massive marking on the top of it - about like the triangle in the boxtop drawing.

I'll be interested to see this come to life.

I was thinking about putting 'gate 'glyphs around the perimeter but i'll have to find some on the interweb.
I was also thinking of plain green with US ARMY chopper markings until I realised SGC is run by the USAF. :o
Would camo be appropriate given it could be deployed at short notice and they wouldn't have time to do a repaint to suit local conditions?  Although I think we can assume an oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere and thus blue skies (plus, as we have seen from the TV doco "Stargate SG1" most alien planets are heavily wooded with conifers looking distinctly Canadian).

<googles stargate symbols>

This might work - the DHD glyphs.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/glyphs/glyphs.htm

Quote from: McColm on July 09, 2017, 10:13:51 AM
Two seater

Possibly.  I have yet to figure out if there is room inside it for weapons so that space might be needed.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

McColm

There's some artwork in the Aviation Archive- VTOL Aircraft issue 30, page 7. It gives a detailed line drawing of the engine layout and what the US Army wanted to use the Avrocar for.

zenrat

Quote from: McColm on July 09, 2017, 09:02:22 PM
There's some artwork in the Aviation Archive- VTOL Aircraft issue 30, page 7. It gives a detailed line drawing of the engine layout and what the US Army wanted to use the Avrocar for.

Thanks mate.
Fred

jcf

Well, if it's flown by Racer X it'll need to be yellow and black with the number 9.  :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/eZ8-qjE6RQk

zenrat

Go Speed Racer...
The box is the right colour.
I've got an AMT Mach 5 in the stash.  I nearly pulled it out for this GB.

Fred

zenrat

Some progress has taken place.
I've sawn the cockpits off their casting blocks and started painting them and all the other resin parts.
I've dug round in my "wings & things" box and found some bits to use as wings and fins and i've looked closely at the undercarriage and decided it won't do.
Fred

zenrat

Reading up on the Avrocar it seems the design was dropped because it exhibited instability in the form of oscillations referred to as "hubcapping".  Obviously what it needed was wings and tails.
Avrocar WIP 15-7-17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The scoop over the front intake is because trans-sonic laminar to turbulent flow transition shockwaves transmogrifying laterally into the forward turbine were causing flameout.  And not because one of the resin engine detail parts pinged off across the shed never to be seen again when I cut it from its casting block.   ;D

Fred

PR19_Kit

It needs longer wings..................  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 15, 2017, 01:23:02 AM
It needs longer wings..................  ;D ;)

It's got longer wings ... than it had. ;D

Quote from: zenrat on July 15, 2017, 12:58:02 AM
The scoop over the front intake is because trans-sonic laminar to turbulent flow transition shockwaves transmogrifying laterally into the forward turbine were causing flameout.  And not because one of the resin engine detail parts pinged off across the shed never to be seen again when I cut it from its casting block.   ;D

Obviously! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Patent that before Disney see it  ;) Planes 45 1/2 ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.