Turbo-prop Typhoon

Started by Scotaidh, July 09, 2017, 11:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotaidh

I used to move a lot, and I'm the kind of bloke who likes to keep his previous builds - so I'd pack them up and tote them along, knowing that no matter what I'd be doing repair work.  One of those unfortunate builds was an Airfix Typhoon.
Post-move, it was missing the canopy, the spinner and cannon barrels vanished into the U-Haul void.  <sigh>  I hate to consign models to the scrap heap, even more than I hate repair work. 
However, I had an idea to resurrect the old Tiffy ... Here it is.

This is what it was supposed to look like:
Pic 1

Post-surgery, this is how it is now:
Pic 2

Pic 3

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Might cause grass fires operating from rough fields but it looks great.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

That looks good indeed, nice one! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

rickshaw

You can link directly to the image and display it.

All you need do is right click on your image picture, choose "copy image location".  Then,  in another browser tab, where you have your post ready to go, choose where you want the image and right click there and choose "paste".   Then, highlight the URL which has appeared and choose the little Mona Lisa picture in the top left hand corner of your post window.   This will put the [img} tags around it.   If your image is too large, click after the first img tag and type in:  "width=640 height=480".   Then click on the preview button and see if it appears.    :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: rickshaw on July 09, 2017, 07:09:52 PM
You can link directly to the image and display it.

All you need do is right click on your image picture, choose "copy image location".  Then,  in another browser tab, where you have your post ready to go, choose where you want the image and right click there and choose "paste".   Then, highlight the URL which has appeared and choose the little Mona Lisa picture in the top left hand corner of your post window.   This will put the [img} tags around it.   If your image is too large, click after the first img tag and type in:  "width=640 height=480".   Then click on the preview button and see if it appears.    :thumbsup:

Or he can resize them on upload, just using the images page, on the right side of the screen there are the tabs with the options to choose from. One can even upload them directly into an album. Then simply click on image and copy the BB code for message boards and forums, and paste it here in your comment. If you're in the album page, when you put the mouse over an image, it automatically shows a copy tab on the right upper corner, just click on that and get the share link, again, BB code. It's very easy to do. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Caveman

Quote from: zenrat on July 09, 2017, 05:17:07 PM

Only for the first few take-offs...
secretprojects forum migrant

NARSES2

Quote from: Caveman on July 10, 2017, 04:44:11 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 09, 2017, 05:17:07 PM

Only for the first few take-offs...

;D

Nice build  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Thanks!  :) 

Rickshaw, Dogfighter Zen, I'll give that a try for next time. 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."