Modelcollect

Started by Dizzyfugu, July 10, 2017, 01:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Modelcollect has already released a wide range of German Heer '46 tank models in 1:72, and now they seem to try a more SF/mecha item:

Not 100% confirmed, but I am looking forward to it, even though it apperas quite stubby. Anyway, should be a a nice addition to the vintage Takara Dougram mecha, and generally offer a good basis for conversions.

Found here: https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19575350_850872158401219_1105402332533933824_o.jpg?oh=3f775606e91fe96bbccd4437ae6a11b3&oe=59FF37A7

There's also the rumor running wild that a 1:72 Ratte is in the pipeline. Unconfirmed, too.  ;)

zenrat

I've got a half ar5ed attempt at a walking Bren Gun Carrier on my shelf of doom.  It uses 1/144 Zaku legs.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Hmmm, the kit is on pre-order in a Hong Kong ebay shop ("ITEM WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENT AT THE MID OF AUGUST 2017"):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Preorder-Modelcollect-UA72107-1-72-FIST-WARS-GERMAN-WWII-E75-HEAVY-URBAN-WARF-/272742158333?hash=item3f80b30ffd

The comments below the offer are funny...

Dizzyfugu

Modelcollect seems to become serious with their 1:72 "Ratte" kit. It's on pre-order/online in their own catalogue, for USD 99 only...

http://www.modelcollect.com/wwii-german-landcruiser-p1000-ratte

NARSES2

I can't even get my brains around the practicalities of building that thing in a fully functioning economy, let alone the Reich in 1945, and as for operating it ???:o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Yeah, enough steel for dozens of tanks.;D

But, it does fit with the Nazi fetish for huge fantasies, their plans for a continuous wall
in the East bastioned by large, circular fortress cities, was nuts on a grand scale.

scooter

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 29, 2017, 10:56:52 AM

But, it does fit with the Nazi fetish for huge fantasies, their plans for a continuous wall
in the East bastioned by large, circular fortress cities, was nuts on a grand scale.

And warships.

I want to see this in 1/35 :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on November 29, 2017, 11:05:56 AM

And warships.

That'd be bigger than my car I reckon!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

seadude

I don't like the box art. Looks ugly.  :angry: The Takom 1/144 scale P1000 had better box art.  :thumbsup:
Depending on the size of this new kit, I "might" use the main hull portion (minus turret) plus tracks as a starting point for when I eventually scratchbuild a Landkreuzer P1500 Monster.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2017, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: scooter on November 29, 2017, 11:05:56 AM

And warships.

That'd be bigger than my car I reckon!  :o

Probably be able to use it as a car :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Madoc

It's utter and complete absurdity has a compelling beauty to it...
Wherever you go, there you are!

seadude

One thing I'd love to see that P1000 kit whiffed into would be some sort of sci-fi "land battleship".  Remove or modify the WWII era guns and put some different sci-fi type looking guns and systems on board.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Dizzyfugu

I am sure you can certainly abuse/re-scale it into a 1:20 vehicle for the Ma.K. universe...

elmayerle

Quote from: seadude on November 29, 2017, 07:44:11 PM
One thing I'd love to see that P1000 kit whiffed into would be some sort of sci-fi "land battleship".  Remove or modify the WWII era guns and put some different sci-fi type looking guns and systems on board.
Obvious starting point for any of Keith laumer's Bolo "tanks".
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Dizzyfugu

Just received note that my two "Vierfüßler" mecha kits have been dispatched in Japan. Looking forward to them!