Modelcollect

Started by Dizzyfugu, July 10, 2017, 01:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Cool! :mellow:

I can't read (or speak) German but she looks like a tractor with a car body thrown on top. ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Beermonster58

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 11, 2023, 12:28:28 AMMight be easily converted into a 1:72 bomber? Different cockpit interior with side-by-side seating, bogies on the landing gear...? The kit seems to be quite expensive, though.
At about £55, I'd be inclined to agree with you. I had actually contemplated buying it but, after seeing pictures of what you actually get, it just doesn't look worth the money.
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Wardukw

Quote from: Beermonster58 on May 11, 2023, 07:01:35 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 11, 2023, 12:28:28 AMMight be easily converted into a 1:72 bomber? Different cockpit interior with side-by-side seating, bogies on the landing gear...? The kit seems to be quite expensive, though.
At about £55, I'd be inclined to agree with you. I had actually contemplated buying it but, after seeing pictures of what you actually get, it just doesn't look worth the money.
At the present time that's $109nz ..that's a heap for so little a parts count ..that's nuts guys no matter how you look at it.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Beermonster58

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 11, 2023, 07:22:07 PM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on May 11, 2023, 07:01:35 PM
At the present time that's $109nz ..that's a heap for so little a parts count ..that's nuts guys no matter how you look at it.
No argument here. Cheapest UK price I've seen is about £50 ( approx $100 NZ). Not worth it I reckon. Guess I'll pass on this one!
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Hobbes

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 11, 2023, 06:08:08 PMCool! :mellow:

I can't read (or speak) German but she looks like a tractor with a car body thrown on top. ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:

This started out as a Mercedes small lorry, during the war the rear axle was replaced with a tractor axle (probably with suspension though). The engine was placed further back, hood made longer, cabin placed further back as well. Top speed 80 km/h. Made for off-road towing and transport at reasonably high speeds.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Hobbes on May 12, 2023, 06:08:47 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 11, 2023, 06:08:08 PMCool! :mellow:

This started out as a Mercedes small lorry, during the war the rear axle was replaced with a tractor axle (probably with suspension though). The engine was placed further back, hood made longer, cabin placed further back as well. Top speed 80 km/h. Made for off-road towing and transport at reasonably high speeds.

Cool! :mellow:

Pity I can't see its connection with ModelCollect but, hey, who knows, maybe they'll release a kit of it. :thumbsup:  ;)

Rick Lowe

Hannomag SS100?
Or similar.

jcf

Take the fenders off and make it a highboy.  ;D

Rick Lowe

Why not? That'd work! :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: jcf on May 15, 2023, 09:17:09 AMTake the fenders off and make it a highboy.  ;D

Not often I see a brown car I like.  Or is it green?  It's right on the cusp if you ask me.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on May 16, 2023, 03:09:11 AMNot often I see a brown car I like.  Or is it green?  It's right on the cusp if you ask me.

Semi-gloss olive brown?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

A brown-dominant olive. ;)

Rick Lowe

Is it the US version of Olive Drab, or the British SCC-equivalent?  ;D

Ooh, no - let's not open that particular Can'o'Worms... :banghead:

jcf

Pre, during or post-WWII, pre or post-1967, aircraft or ground vehicle, gloss or matte, natural or synthetic fibre?

C'mon man, ya gotta be exact. 
;D

killnoizer

The color is very cool.
Was it wrong with the Benz in this thread ? 
poo-poo happens, and the car is realy good i think .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/