Type 320 Nubian Courier

Started by jalles, July 13, 2017, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

What a fantastic build. I am simply amazed at how some people appear to effortlessly put complex shapes accurately together to produce such things as the undercarriage bays and legs  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sykotik

absolutely beautiful!  :wub: :wub: :wub:  I really really love what you've done with this.
For my own personal taste, I would have stayed clear of weathering (ie, chipping) as it is a cruiser and not a fighter and unless your a really crap pilot, I can't see why it would be chipped, but as I said - that's just my taste and is certainly not reflective of your magical scratch build. I fully respect your skills to do what you've done and if this is your first outing as you've stated, then you have a very promising outlook ahead an I shall be tuning in to your builds when ever I see them
I really like the colour choice and pattern too - very retro.
I have yet to PM you for a copy of the canopy etc - sorry - Life has been very full on of late and I have just plain forgotten to do this

You'll be having my vote for sure   :thumbsup:
Si

zenrat

It could be chipped by space junk maybe?
Bits of Death Star hit while on a sightseeing flypast through the Yavin system.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jalles

Hey guys thanks for all of the kind words!

Quote from: Gondor on October 16, 2017, 02:42:29 PM
I am simply amazed at how some people appear to effortlessly put complex shapes accurately together to produce such things as the undercarriage bays and legs

If it makes you feel any better, it's not always effortless for me, in fact it's a pain in the ... um butt, a lot of the time.  That said, it's always fun to finish a project, when you get to see the fruits of your labor.  One thing that helped me out was buying a Silhouette Portrait craft cutter.  I build patterns in Adobe Illustrator, cut them out on painters tape, and then attach them to styrene as templates.  It makes creating identical pieces much easier.

Quote from: sykotik on October 17, 2017, 12:43:47 AM
For my own personal taste, I would have stayed clear of weathering (ie, chipping) as it is a cruiser and not a fighter and unless your a really crap pilot

Hmm...I was chalking the chipping down to poor quality rebel paint  :mellow:.  That and rebel ships don't get much maintenance.  And just to clarify, this isn't my first build, far from it.  But it's the first attempt at a lot of techniques that I've never used before.  Well, if you ever get around to building one yourself just let me know, I'd be happy to supply the parts that I can.

And I guess we'll be swapping votes, since you're dragonfly is certainly getting one from me  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: jalles on October 17, 2017, 08:54:55 AM

I am simply amazed at how some people appear to effortlessly put complex shapes accurately together to produce such things as the undercarriage bays and legs

If it makes you feel any better, it's not always effortless for me, in fact it's a pain in the ... um butt, a lot of the time.  That said, it's always fun to finish a project, when you get to see the fruits of your labor.  One thing that helped me out was buying a Silhouette Portrait craft cutter.  I build patterns in Adobe Illustrator, cut them out on painters tape, and then attach them to styrene as templates.  It makes creating identical pieces much easier.

That may be so, however I am one of those who would still make half a dozen different sized or shaped items from the same number of templates  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on October 17, 2017, 10:54:20 AM
Quote from: jalles on October 17, 2017, 08:54:55 AM

That may be so, however I am one of those who would still make half a dozen different sized or shaped items from the same number of templates  :-\

Gondor

Me too.  When making "identical" parts I make then too big and then file them to size.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

AXU

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"