General Atomics M-7771 "Custodian" Armoured Security Vehicle

Started by Old Wombat, July 15, 2017, 03:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I've seen it done with a Maschinen Krieger hover thingo.  It was tethered with a fuel hose and if you nudged it then it returned into position.  If you poked it then it fell off of the magnets but the tether stopped it shooting off like a maglev train.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

You mean the Antigravity Armored Raider Pkf.85 Falke.

I have 2 in the stash, 1 almost completed (has been for ... 7? ... years) & 1 unstarted.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 10, 2017, 05:35:43 AM
You mean the Antigravity Armored Raider Pkf.85 Falke.

I have 2 in the stash, 1 almost completed (has been for ... 7? ... years) & 1 unstarted.

If that's the P38 meets Yakult pot, then yes, I do.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 09, 2017, 11:23:16 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on October 09, 2017, 07:53:23 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 29, 2017, 02:44:59 PM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 29, 2017, 02:06:31 PM

Or for the truly ( and I mean truly) dedicated,  rare earth magnets set in the base and vehicle underside so they repel  and balance the model.  :-\ :wacko: :unsure:

Yeah, right.  :o

One of my aeromodelling friends tried that and the model would only stay 'in the hover' one try out of ten. You only had to touch it slightly and the thing would shoot off as if it was a linear induction motor!

What I would recommend would be five rare earth magnets.  Two pointing downwards and there pointing up.  That way you'd have it partially attracted downwards, gripping the base while the three point upwards would repel it.   It would have a slight greater push than pull, which would make it "float", Kit.

That's principle he used I think, with eight magnets, one on each corner of the model, and it did lift up quite a distance. But the slightest force sideways force would send it whizzing off and it would crash onto the table. It needed something to restrict its sideways movement I guess.

Have four extra ones, putting upwards, pointing inclined inwards, around the periphery...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on October 11, 2017, 05:11:51 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 09, 2017, 11:23:16 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on October 09, 2017, 07:53:23 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 29, 2017, 02:44:59 PM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 29, 2017, 02:06:31 PM

Or for the truly ( and I mean truly) dedicated,  rare earth magnets set in the base and vehicle underside so they repel  and balance the model.  :-\ :wacko: :unsure:

Yeah, right.  :o

One of my aeromodelling friends tried that and the model would only stay 'in the hover' one try out of ten. You only had to touch it slightly and the thing would shoot off as if it was a linear induction motor!

What I would recommend would be five rare earth magnets.  Two pointing downwards and there pointing up.  That way you'd have it partially attracted downwards, gripping the base while the three point upwards would repel it.   It would have a slight greater push than pull, which would make it "float", Kit.

That's principle he used I think, with eight magnets, one on each corner of the model, and it did lift up quite a distance. But the slightest force sideways force would send it whizzing off and it would crash onto the table. It needed something to restrict its sideways movement I guess.

Have four extra ones, putting upwards, pointing inclined inwards, around the periphery...

Hm, that just might work. I'll suggest it to my mate and see what he thinks. Thanks Brian.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

In case you haven't figured it out: This build is a fail for the GB. Sorry! :(

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

Doesn't mean I've stopped work on it, though! ;)

Decals/Transfers are on. Just need to finish fixing the anti-grav units, weather it, & matt coat it, & she'll be done! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Where I'm at. Need to finish the being-rebuilt anti-grav units, fix up the f_-ups, a few final paint touch-ups, fit the landing pads & build a dio base for the vehicle & two other figures.