A 'different' Airbus A-400M Atlas - FINISHED!

Started by PR19_Kit, July 26, 2017, 03:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Great build.  :wub: :thumbsup: One question though. Why are the outer engines the only ones to have a metal area on their upper surfaces just behind the propellers?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Thanks for all the plaudits gentlemen, I'm suitably flattered.  :thumbsup:

That's a good question Alastair, to which I don't have the answer.

I thought at one stage that all four engines were like that, but a search through pics of the RW A-400M shows that it's only the outer ones.

And to make it even more complicated some aircraft don't have the NM areas at all!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 05, 2017, 04:20:48 AM
Thanks for all the plaudits gentlemen, I'm suitably flattered.  :thumbsup:

That's a good question Alastair, to which I don't have the answer.

I thought at one stage that all four engines were like that, but a search through pics of the RW A-400M shows that it's only the outer ones.

And to make it even more complicated some aircraft don't have the NM areas at all!  :banghead:

Thanks for the reply Kit, I had wondered if you had missed them or if it was in the instructions. My curiosity is rather satisfied and would be purring if it were a cat.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Stunning build Kit, and backstory  :bow: Also a great example of how to overcome a the travails of life, or at least as far as modelling goes  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Another Kit masterclass ----  can't find any other words that haven't already been said ----

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
             :wub: :wub: :wub:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 05, 2017, 06:29:34 AM

Stunning build Kit, and backstory  :bow: Also a great example of how to overcome a the travails of life, or at least as far as modelling goes  ;)

;D It's called 'persistence' I think Chris, and I seem to have had loads of it in recent years. It's even more awesome for real as it's HUGE! I won't be building another A-400M though, at least not in 1/72.

The instructions don't mention the NM panels at all Alastair, I only picked them up from the pics I took at RIAT last year, and by looking out the others on-line.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 05, 2017, 08:28:48 AM

The instructions don't mention the NM panels at all Alastair, I only picked them up from the pics I took at RIAT last year, and by looking out the others on-line.

Very odd Kit  :unsure:

Gondor

chrisonord

Absolutely brilliant Kit I really like this  :wub: I have seen the original Snooppy during the 90's when working at Aberystwyth  and loved watching it do its business high above us. Also did you photoshop the E.C.G machine out of the pictures as I am sure this thing nearly caused you to need one on hand during its gestation.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Easily one of the best models I have ever seen, doesn't matter if it's a 'What If' - it's bl**dy superb in it's own right !. I predict it will cause more than a few trapped nerves and pulled muscles as it turns heads at Telford. I hope whoever is organising the display this year makes certain it's front and centre !!.

Utterly brilliant, Kit.

Ian.
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PR19_Kit

I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed with all this praise gentlemen, and thanks so much.

Up close it's not as good as it looks in the pics as the paint shows various faults, but as a '2 foot mode' it's not too bad.

It won't be 'front and centre' Ian as it'll be sharing stand space with my Monterey, so they'll probably be on opposite ends of the stand as they're both so huge.

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

You deserve the equivalent in whif-world of the "Hero of the Soviet Union" medal. :thumbsup: Does it exist?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Weaver

Wow! Well now it's finished Kit, can I just say....

.....wouldn't they have used a surplus A320 instead?  :wacko:

Seriously, well battled and well won: it looks excellent. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

strobez

Thanks!

Greg

Spey_Phantom

by far, the best looking A400M ive ever seen  :wub: :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nils on November 06, 2017, 01:08:54 AM

by far, the best looking A400M ive ever seen  :wub: :thumbsup:

;D ;D ;D The others are pretty drab looking, aren't they? And it's difficult to tell the German, French and British ones apart. I think Airbus got a good deal on grey paint somewhere...........  ;)

Regards
Kit