A 'different' Airbus A-400M Atlas - FINISHED!

Started by PR19_Kit, July 26, 2017, 03:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strobez

That really is looking fantastic.  I love the nose, but don't drop that one on your foot. You'd be pegged to the floor! Sharp!
Thanks!

Greg

PR19_Kit

Quote from: strobez on October 26, 2017, 03:23:46 PM

That really is looking fantastic.  I love the nose, but don't drop that one on your foot. You'd be pegged to the floor! Sharp!

Trevor the cat's run foul of that spike already. He runs a mile when I walk in carrying the model........  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Smart kitty, and yeah, damn right that's looking good.. ..
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2017, 03:37:23 PM

Trevor the cat's run foul of that spike already. He runs a mile when I walk in carrying the model........  ;D ;)

You didn't try to take his temperature with it did you?
:o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 27, 2017, 02:16:03 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2017, 03:37:23 PM

You didn't try to take his temperature with it did you?
:o

Hehe, not exactly.  ;D

The model was sitting on the island in the kitchen while I showed its salient points  ;) to Mrs_PR19 and Trevor's over active inquisitiveness got the better of him and he jumped from the windowsill onto the island to investigate. But that took so much velocity that he skidded across the top of the island and ended up nose to nose with the Atlas.  ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

At least you verified the nose is strong enough!  ;D
Must be one of the most vexing builds since the real Saro Princess!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

I almost don't believe I'm writing this, but I think the Atlas is a WORSE build than the Monterey!

I can't believe that Revell mad so many screw-ups over the strength, or lack of it, of the various bits. I've just had two of the prop blades fall off while being painted, that's ridiculous.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

McColm

Might just be a bad batch of models that slipped through the quality control?
I've read about people having problems with the wings, but nothing compared to what you've been through.

PR19_Kit

I doubt that really, the size of the gear axles can't be a QC problem, it's poor design, just like the minute size of the prop blade bases.

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

Kit, an idea just struck, just glue on the front wheels of the main sets and then a block of the correct height, then hide said block in a big tuft of cotton wool "break  and tyre smoke"  it would cover a multitude of the sins that Revell have chosen to place upon the model.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on October 27, 2017, 10:47:10 AM

Kit, an idea just struck, just glue on the front wheels of the main sets and then a block of the correct height, then hide said block in a big tuft of cotton wool "break  and tyre smoke"  it would cover a multitude of the sins that Revell have chosen to place upon the model.

I like that idea Lawrence ;D but sadly I read it just AFTER I'd made up the rest of the gear legs/wheels assemblies.

As you can see below everything on this model comes in multiples. The longer gear legs are for the inboard wheels, blame the difference on Airbus. The two L shaped legs that are already in place are outers of course.

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

That is absolutely amazing kit it really is. Has someone already sent Kit his wiffy award 2018-24?? For this piece of modelling magnitude.  ;D
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, it's not even finished yet.  ;D

It would only be worth the 'Persistence Award' anyway, it's certainly not that good an example of plastic modelling, far too many glitches all over it really.

Regards
Kit

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)