Fictitious Floatplane Fighter Flying for France

Started by CammNut, August 06, 2017, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CammNut

How much whiffer can you get? A hypothetical floatplane version of an experimental Japanese fighter that was captured by the US Navy towards the end of World War II and passed on to the French navy for post-war use by the Aeronavale in Indochina. And that's about it for a backstory.

J7W4 by TheWoracle, on Flickr

This is Hasegawa's 1/72 Kyushu JW71 Shinden modified with floats and beaching trolley from a Hasegawa Kawanishi N1K1 floatplane fighter. The Aeronavale markings are adapted from a EuroDecals  de Havilland Vampire sheet and modeled on the Aichi E13A floatplanes flown in Indochina.

J7W7 by TheWoracle, on Flickr

J7W13 by TheWoracle, on Flickr

J7W12 by TheWoracle, on Flickr

J7W11 by TheWoracle, on Flickr

J7W9 by TheWoracle, on Flickr

AXU

Absolutely wonderful  :wub: great built  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looks surprisingly good with French markings!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Sounds and looks wholly practical. Just what the Aeronavale would have needed to patrol the Med coastlines and the river estuaries in Indo-China.

Superb build.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

PARLEZ VOUS FRANCAIS!  :mellow: :mellow:

This is very cool.  I already love the Shinden... then... I love the French roundels and fin flash....    this is another "why didn't I think of that!"  :lol: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

beautiful floatplanization !

the Rufe and N1K1 floats are very flexible for creative reuses

Dizzyfugu

Sweet. Personally, I am not sold on the pusher arrangement for a floatplane - but I like the overall concept, and the AĆ©ronavale colors suit the Shinden disturbingly well.  :thumbsup:

Hotte

CammNut

Thanks folks. And yes, Dizzyfugu, I suspect this would be a sinkplane, rather than a floatplane, with all that weight at the back

Dizzyfugu

Maybe a cammo device - hiding the plane under a cloud of froth and spray?  ;)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Reminds me of the film 'Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow'  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Might be more practical if you moved the float backwards about half the fuselage length (+/-). ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

darthspud2

I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!