New WIP pics of the ''Huckebeins''

Started by matrixone, November 28, 2004, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

A couple more pics of my Ta 183s under construction, an Amtech and PM version of the Huckebein.

The Fw 190 in the second pic is an old 1/72 scale Testors kit that I am building as a shot down aircraft, I will be using that model for some of my airfield pics next spring and summer.

Matrixone  

Ollie

Hey Matrix, will you be making FOD covers for your jets?  It would add lots of realism to the scene!

B)  

matrixone

Ollie,

I have considered the FOD covers for my jets but it is pretty far down on my modeling ''to do'' list.
My next addition to my airdrome will be Luftwaffe airfield carts, I have the Verlinden kits of them but they are resin and PE kits and I have no real experience working with those sort of kits so they might not turn out so good.
Time will tell.

Matrixone  

John Howling Mouse

Very cool.  Now, dumb question of the night (I'm allowed at least one per day):
The Huckebein will end up on landing gear when it's done, right?  What kind of landing gear will it have, anyhow?

If you're seeking to avoid resin, Pro-Modeller made a pretty decent 1:48 ground crew equipment set with some Luftwaffe subjects included.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

:) Nice Huckebein...
However, I still prefer the Zwilling-Huckebein  :wub:  of our girlfriend Linzifox, not seen here for a long time :(  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

matrixone

Thanks John and Tophe!

John,
If things improve somewhat I will get both those Ta 183s on their landing gear this next weekend, so no more pics of my jets looking like they made belly landings! :D

I've had a tough time lately at work and at home so my model building has been badly effected by all the turmoil but things may improve in the near future but I was told today things will get worse before they get better at my job.

Two more WIP pics of the Ta 183s...

Matrixone  

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

Looking good !

While not a big Luftwaffe fan, I'd have to say that the Huck is a very neat looking a/c. Especially in that wicked paint you've done....with the silver undersides. Very cool !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Late war RN example. My idea was, that the Brits overran the factory at bremmen ( or wherever it was ! ) and got to the plans before the Rooskies.

Built, test flown, and adopted for naval use in time to fight off Kamikazes in the Pacific.

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quoteand adopted for naval use
Naval use? Aboard carriers, with those hard swept wings? Poor pilots having to land at high speed :( ... Well, the A-4 delta wing was very swept too, maybe that was possible. Anyway, what-if... :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

QuoteAnyway, what-if... :)
Exactly, Tophe !

I think I had addressed that very issue in my original write-up. It was for the Brit-o-rama contest waaay back when, so that info is long gone, lost on the old site. I guess I should save that kind of stuff, eh ?

:(  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

You could try and locate 'the old site' in the Internet Archive.  

Joe C-P

QuoteLate war RN example. My idea was, that the Brits overran the factory at bremmen ( or wherever it was ! ) and got to the plans before the Rooskies.

Built, test flown, and adopted for naval use in time to fight off Kamikazes in the Pacific.

Cheers !
You might build another in IJN colors, saying that they obtained the plans from the Nazis, too. Imagine the confusion trying to dogfight the same kind of aircraft at jet speeds!  :wacko:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

elmayerle

Quoteand adopted for naval use
Naval use? Aboard carriers, with those hard swept wings? Poor pilots having to land at high speed :( ... Well, the A-4 delta wing was very swept too, maybe that was possible. Anyway, what-if... :)
Well, I doubt the speeds were any worse that what FJ-2' & -3's landed at.  Though I think the USN might have had a bit bigger carriers for them to land on.  As a "tailed delta', teh A-4 wasn't as bad as a pure delta would be.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Captain Canada

Now there's an idea, Joe !

Would make a cool diorama, with two circling each other, pilots shaking their fists at one another !

:lol:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?