Ta-154 as a Reno Racer

Started by wacek85, August 26, 2017, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

1/48 TA-154 Moskito as a racer
I forgot about removing cannons...
Decals are from F1 race car from Revell. Model is painted with Tamiya and Mr Hobby paints. Weathering is very subtle, only paneliners and smoke.

DSCN3198 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

DSCN3193 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

DSCN3191 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

DSCN3190 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

DSCN3188 by Arti Kapi, on Flickr

PR19_Kit

Oh yeah, I like that!  :thumbsup:

Very sleek.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Some niggly questions.

Why BMW decals when the engines are Jumkers Jumos?

Why would a racer be fully armed with 4 30mm cannons?  Or indeed a second seat and navigator's instrumentation?

Finally, knowing the glue issues that ensured that the aircraft regularly fell apart in the sky, would you be comfortable throwing it around at low level in a race? The FAA would have a very high dry cleaning bill...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

wacek85

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 26, 2017, 02:19:55 PM
Some niggly questions.

Why BMW decals when the engines are Jumkers Jumos?

Why would a racer be fully armed with 4 30mm cannons?  Or indeed a second seat and navigator's instrumentation?

Finally, knowing the glue issues that ensured that the aircraft regularly fell apart in the sky, would you be comfortable throwing it around at low level in a race? The FAA would have a very high dry cleaning bill...

As I wrote, I forgot about puttying cannons.Really:)
As for navigator...This Tigercat is also a racer. It's still has rear seat:)

I never read anything about that. I found it reasonable that Jumos are serviced by BMW. A moment ago I've read that Junkers factory was acquired by Daimler Benz so Mercedes logo would be more appropriate. Too late:(

Last one...I can't say anything about it. I really didn't want to make my Ta-154 in Luftwaffe markings. So race markings.I didn't thought about glue problems :(

TomZ

Great model!

I've always loved the Ta-154 and this one looks great. Love your colour scheme and finish.

BTW: It still has it's guns so that it can shoot the other contestants out of the race of course!  ;D

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

DogfighterZen

Very good work, the scheme looks great! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Well I like it.

Good job.  Colour scheme suits it.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

darthspud2

neat idea and execution there
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub: :wub:
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

TheChronicOne

I love it!! Civilianized military stuff is always a winner in my book and this right here is why!
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 27, 2017, 02:12:21 AM
Colour scheme suits it.
:thumbsup:

Does, doesn't it. Makes it look quite modern in my view
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Paper Kosmonaut

Very nice! it gives the plane a totally different look. And the scheme looks good too. Don't worry about the guns; it's just a relic of its past. The original guns probably are removed and the barrels are fakes. But it makes it just that little menacing. "Get in my way and I might shoot".

PS. Local grocery and hardware stores might be even funnier as sponsor decals (-; ...
dei t dut mout t waiten!

Glenn Gilbertson

That is very original -I like that scheme! :thumbsup:

dumaniac