Messerschultz Me 109-Q7 Libelle: Finished pics Pg 5.

Started by zenrat, September 07, 2017, 02:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

No real plan here other than to throw parts at each other and see what sticks, splash some paint on, slap on decals and then make up some Sciffy lies to fit the result.
I am starting with this...
Sci Fi Bf 109 G Start 7-9-17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
...which consists of an Airfix BF 109-G, a bag of Academy A-37 parts (left over from the Soviet GB Myasishchev M-7) and a resin C130-J prop.
With 4 weeks to do it in I am trying tho channel Dizz.  I feel I am behind already...

Odd thing about the '109 kit.  It smells very strongly of tobacco.  Not the stale cancerous ashtray smell you get from kits that have been in a smokers house but the sweet smell a freshly opened punch of rolling or pipe tobacco has.  It's almost pleasant.
Its odd because my father gave me the kit and he has never smoked.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

More done today.
Wings have been modified and large pieces removed from the fuselage to enable them to fit.
Last thing I did was glues some styrene sheet back on to fill some of the larger gaps which will otherwise be visible through the intakes.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

Cobra

This is Starting to Look Awesome :thumbsup: has a Bit of a Star Wars meets Terran Trade Authority Feel to it! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Old Wombat

Interesting! I couldn't visualise where this was going but, seeing it, it's certainly going somewhere good! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

jalles

That's looking awesome! It reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it.  Maybe something from Crimson Skies?

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Allan

the nose really captures your attention....will check this one out regularly

zenrat

The spinner is a resin C-130J item.  It has scimitar blades which would look really cool but would require very stalky undercarriage which would not.
It will therefore stay a jet and not compound powered.

You prolly won't like it when i'm finished Tophe as it is going to have weapons on it.

I added some gap filling plates to the engine intakes and exhausts today, attached the stabilisers and put some filler on it.
Next pics when I prime it.

Now, I have a decision to make about the wingtips.  Tanks or missiles?
Fred

Steel Penguin

part of me wants to say "hunters world " as a piece of sci-fi artwork, but so far the google fu is weak  :banghead:
I will now have to find it.
Im certain it was used as a White dwarf cover in  the 70s, or 80s.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

dumaniac

Now that is looking really nice - what a concept

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"