Next Group Build

Started by NARSES2, September 15, 2017, 06:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right the current Sci Fi GB is fast approaching it's last laps so it's time to think of the next G.B.

The next Group Build will be the "Flying Boat, Seaplane and Amphibian G.B." as voted for back in the day, and it will run from 1st November 2017 until 31st January 2018.

Now Kit volunteered to help Moderate this G.B. but I could still do with one other volunteer. Any other out there ?

This is just an early warning and I will gather my thoughts on the rules etc over the next week or so and get them posted.

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2017, 06:21:25 AM

Now Kit volunteered to help Moderate this G.B. but I could still do with one other volunteer. Any other out there ?

Aaagggghhh, I'd forgotten all about that, but I'm still up for it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Chris, just what does being a moderator entail?
I may well agree to do this.  :rolleyes:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

sandiego89

Excited for this one to kick off, I just could not get the Mojo for sci-fi after several trips to the hobby shop and extensive on line searches.  I really do like the current arrangement to run 3 GB's per year with plenty of notice, no overlap and the one week GB.  Really gives you the chance to plan ahead, buy some kits, change you mind and buy some more, sit one out....

Thanks to all keeping this going-  Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Martin H

Quote from: JayBee on September 15, 2017, 06:56:43 AM

Jim

A bit like being a SIG leader Jim.
You spend most of your time trying to herd cats.  ;D ;D ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Old Wombat

Having built my Flying Boat/Seaplane/Amphibian & having no intention of building another, I'm game to give the moderating thing a shot.

Never done it before, so I may need some assistance, though.

:thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

That's good news,
I'll put aside the 1/72 Hasegawa Shinmiew
PS-1/US-1.

zenrat

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

I can build my floatplane F 82 now!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 16, 2017, 12:52:58 AM
Having built my Flying Boat/Seaplane/Amphibian & having no intention of building another, I'm game to give the moderating thing a shot.

Never done it before, so I may need some assistance, though.

:thumbsup:
Quote from: JayBee on September 15, 2017, 06:56:43 AM

Jim

Means I have 3 Moderators  ;D :thumbsup:

I've PM'd you Jim but to answer everyone, it isn't like herding cats  ;) ;D.

Seriously once the rules are agreed, and they are fairly standard, it moderates it'self. You get the odd question about something specific, but in all honesty they are normally self explanatory but you do need to check that you and your fellow Moderators are on on the same song sheet.

Plus I'm always around as the "unofficial" Mod, and will keep a quiet eye on things and do the technical bits, whilst leaving the actual Moderators to run the G.B. and make all the decisions.

The big question I get asked is ; "can moderators take part in a G.B. ?". The answer is "yes they can". It's never, ever been a problem.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 17, 2017, 08:59:01 AM

The big question I get asked is ; "can moderators take part in a G.B. ?". The answer is "yes they can". It's never, ever been a problem.

Really? I didn't realise that, I always assumed it was a no-no.

Hmmmmmmmm...................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 17, 2017, 02:30:36 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 17, 2017, 08:59:01 AM

Really? I didn't realise that, I always assumed it was a no-no.

Hmmmmmmmm...................  ;)

Of course, should you "win" the poll, you can expect a visit from sinister looking chaps in leather coats and homburg hats. :o
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

strobez

Yes! This fits perfectly with my intention of working on SOME of the Planes of Porco Rosso. ;)

Now my first question for the newly minted moderators... I know usually we're all supposed to start from the same spot, but I've already started on my Savoia S.21... but just a tiny bit.  Basically just cut the fuselage from the sprue and gave it one coat of interior paint.  Can I still enter it if I don't do any more work on it until the GB kicks off?

My ambitious plan is to build 3-4 planes, So I'd be happy to accept some ruling such as a delayed start penalty, or perhaps "only as a second (or third) entry", or "Only after Dizzy completes his first kit".  :mellow:

The work I've put into it is basically just a couple hours. Happy to provide pics as required.
Thanks!

Greg

PR19_Kit

Quote from: strobez on September 17, 2017, 03:26:20 PM

Now my first question for the newly minted moderators... I know usually we're all supposed to start from the same spot, but I've already started on my Savoia S.21... but just a tiny bit.  Basically just cut the fuselage from the sprue and gave it one coat of interior paint.  Can I still enter it if I don't do any more work on it until the GB kicks off?

The problem there is that only one of the 'newly minted' moderators is confirmed in post as yet, and that'd be me.  ;D

I suggest that you don't do anything more to the model until there are two of us in post.

Regards
Kit

Librarian

Would this include 'Ekranoplans' ?