Almost an Eagle........

Started by Glenn, November 29, 2004, 06:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Well, it's getting there! The canopy is modified from the P-40 with bits added here and there. The only thing I don't like about the models' finish is the colour scheme.
O/D upper surfaces and the whole fuselage, and N/G to the under wings and tailplane assembly.
Might do her up like a P-51D, in D-Day markings, yea, that would be better!
Lyn

Leigh

ooh ooh ooh I LIKE it, 'scuse my ignorance but what is it?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

Cool!  I dunno----I kinda like that color.  Something very real and rugged about it.  Few chips here and there, some faint dotted rivet lines with a silver pencil crayon and I'd swear it was the real thing...of something I cannot name !!!

Are those a series of airscoops aft of the cockpit?

And what the heck is that in the background: flora ?  In bloom yet?! What, did you take this pic in August or something (forgive me: it already looks like the freakin' lunar surface over here: dry, barren and dull brown everywhere).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

Good show Glenn!

Barry, it's Spring in Australia right now!

;)  

Tophe

Quotethe models' finish
Might do her up like a P-51D, in D-Day markings, yea, that would be better!
Lyn
:wub: Just wonderful to see the successful achievement of a project started a long time ago... I remember the pictures you sent, Lyn, in the old topic
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...ic=3847&hl=p-75

About the P-51D-like looking, the P-75A would be closer than the XP-75, but maybe there is an idea there: a XP-75 with the colours of the P-75A... :blink:  Well, I have not checked but maybe the P-75A was made of metal and the XP-75 made of wood like the Mosquito, and be crazily funny in silver painting... :wacko:  But what-if... ...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Very nice, Lyn !

And thanks for the 'back-date' Tophe ! :wub:

Going with Mustang markings and D-Day stripes would really make 'er look the part....grand idea !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Swamphen

Tophe - the XP-75 was metal. The XP was the 'mix 'n match' version - P-40 wings, F4U undercarriage, SBD tail, etc. The production variant was AFAIK 'all-new'.

Tophe

QuoteTophe - the XP-75 was metal. The XP was the 'mix 'n match' version - P-40 wings, F4U undercarriage, SBD tail, etc. The production variant was AFAIK 'all-new'.
Thanks for the explanation.
(AFAIK = As Far As I Know, I suppose)

elmayerle

QuoteTophe - the XP-75 was metal. The XP was the 'mix 'n match' version - P-40 wings, F4U undercarriage, SBD tail, etc. The production variant was AFAIK 'all-new'.
Thanks for the explanation.
(AFAIK = As Far As I Know, I suppose)
You've interpreted that correctly, Tophe; AFAIK=As Far As I Know
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Glenn

Barry,
  The raised triangles behind the cockpit are the exhaust pipes for the 24 cylinder engine. As to the 'plant life', Bouganvilla, 'Scarlet O'hara", yea Ollie, it's Spring here, and the temp is around 27c and bloody beautiful!
The P-75 had a strange past, in the design stage, (I mean) built by General Motors, but designed by Fisher. Fisher was the 'coaching company' part of GM. The guys who designed the cars, but this time, I think they were a little drunk!
Lyn

elmayerle

QuoteThe P-75 had a strange past, in the design stage, (I mean) built by General Motors, but designed by Fisher. Fisher was the 'coaching company' part of GM. The guys who designed the cars, but this time, I think they were a little drunk!
Lyn
Well, I've always thought that the prototype was the ultimate example of being given a box of spare parts and being told to build something useful with them. :D
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

QuoteThe P-75 had a strange past, in the design stage, (I mean) built by General Motors, but designed by Fisher. Fisher was the 'coaching company' part of GM. The guys who designed the cars, but this time, I think they were a little drunk!
Lyn
Well, I've always thought that the prototype was the ultimate example of being given a box of spare parts and being told to build something useful with them. :D
True Evan, but I've always had a soft spot for it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

A closer view of the canopy.
Lyn

Tophe

Uneasy...
Scratch-building is the very top of modeling art, and you deserve congratulations, Lyn, even if the result is not as neat as a canopy from a commercial box.

John Howling Mouse

Oh man, I didn't realize how much built-up surface you had to model.

[singing]
"Somebody's gonna be up alllllllllllllll night-----sanding and saaaaanding!"

:rolleyes:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.