1/1000 Andromeda

Started by sykotik, September 25, 2017, 06:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sykotik

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:
So I had the camera out today and I took a couple of shots to show you what the engine looks like on and where I am currently up to. I have to buy more plugs tomorrow before I can go on. So far, I am happy with it. It looks much better than the kit version (IMO). Decide for yourselves

Still lots more surface work to do yet. Stay tuned

sykotik

Hi guys and girls

Time for a mini update. Sorry it's taken so long to show anything but I haven't had a lot of build time lately.

Here's what I have done so far. I have begun to detail the top plate and that's pretty much all done now - just need to install it which I will do later once the super structure is done. I'll be starting on that piece tonight hopefully.

Aft end:

Looking forward:

Start of the surface details:

Underneath - which as you'll see had a slight issue with deformed engine bells and there is zero I can do about it:

And finally, a full lighting test (just to make sure I haven't screwed something up as usual):

So, that's all I have for now but it's all coming along nicely now and I am hoping to have this done in the next few weeks ready for Expo

As always, thanks for looking in

Si

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Scotaidh

That looks great!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've never done lighting because I'm already bald enough.  ;)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

sykotik

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I am super sorry I haven't responded earlier
It's been a long time since I last updated this build thread but then I haven't been working on it much due to other commitments/builds. However, I am aiming to get this done for Expo in June, so I have picked it up again in the hope of just getting it done. I've also picked up the Garmillas set 2 and 3 and I am chomping at the bit to start set 3 as it has the best looking ship of the Garmilla fleet in my opinion. I'll consider doing a WIP thread for that one when I start it

Back to the Andromeda, all the lighting is installed and working and now it's time to finish off the surface detailing. I haven't lit the Wave Gun because I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle. I lit the Yamato WG and I can count how many times i have used it on one hand since it was finished.

Surprisingly, I have had to use a fair amount of putty to fill in the gaps. Thank goodness for the Perfect Plastic Putty product as it cleans up with water and cotton buds really easily.

Its a great product and I highly recommend it.

Time for some pics

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully, the next update will either be the last one or the finished item. I'm looking to do a fleet display with this , the Yunagi and also a destroyer. Maybe even a Garmilla ship too.

Thanks for looking

Si

zenrat

Cool.  Something else to look forward to seeing at Expo.
:thumbsup:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Not as much micro-detailing on this one, then, mate? ;)

sykotik

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 05, 2018, 02:42:04 AM
Not as much micro-detailing on this one, then, mate? ;)

I haven't finished that part yet ;) There is still a lot more to do 

On a side note, I'll be presenting a lighting demo at Expo on Sunday if anyone is interested in learning the basics of lighting

Old Wombat

Love to but my plans to be there this year were squashed by the wife's plans to go to Europe. :-\

(Actually, I'm quite keen, too. ;))

Maybe I'll be there next year ... Maybe! :rolleyes:

zenrat

I'll be there Monday so won't get to see it.
:-\
Fred

buzzbomb

AS always.. great work

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 06, 2018, 01:37:47 AM
Love to but my plans to be there this year were squashed by the wife's plans to go to Europe. :-\

(Actually, I'm quite keen, too. ;))

U.K. in November mate ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Sorry, mate: end of September through to the beginning of November, Malta for about a week, Italy (3 days?), cruise the Aegean for about a week, Czech Republic (Prague - 4/5 days), Slovak Republic (Bratislava - 2 days), Hungary (Buda-Pest - 2 days) then home.

sykotik

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 07, 2018, 07:49:08 AM
Sorry, mate: end of September through to the beginning of November, Malta for about a week, Italy (3 days?), cruise the Aegean for about a week, Czech Republic (Prague - 4/5 days), Slovak Republic (Bratislava - 2 days), Hungary (Buda-Pest - 2 days) then home.

That sounds like such a hard life your leading there - I don't know how you manage it....  ;D
I'm going to Sri Lanka and then Singapore in September myself. Can't wait!