The Flying Boat, Seaplane and Amphibian G.B - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, September 27, 2017, 07:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

The only video game I play is Kerbal Space Program: the ships in that don't need any help with disassembling themselves....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Weaver on November 26, 2017, 07:53:59 AM
The only video game I play is Kerbal Space Program: the ships in that don't need any help with disassembling themselves....
;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm just waiting on a sale on PSN to get that one myself in the interim until I can get a decent computer put together. I heard it's not as good on a console but then again that's how it always is. Sometimes it's just a matter of not being able to access mods but I'd be happy with just the vanilla game. Can't wait to start building something.

-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 26, 2017, 07:56:58 AM
Quote from: Weaver on November 26, 2017, 07:53:59 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm just waiting on a sale on PSN to get that one myself in the interim until I can get a decent computer put together. I heard it's not as good on a console but then again that's how it always is. Sometimes it's just a matter of not being able to access mods but I'd be happy with just the vanilla game. Can't wait to start building something.

I'd say you're missing out on a lot without the ability to use mods: the modding comunity is a big part of what makes it special.

You do need a decent PC to run it though: one of the fundamental limitation on the game is the ability to calculate positions and orbits over the kind of distances involved in real time.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Hello mods.  I've got one of these...
Northrop N-3 PB by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
...with this much already completed...
Northrop N-3 WIP 20-12-17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
...which to my mind is nothing really.  OK to include it in the GB?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Fred, the Mod's have voted & the final result is .............................................

............................................................. Yes, you may enter this build into the GB.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 21, 2017, 04:31:28 PM
Fred, the Mod's have voted & the final result is .............................................

............................................................. Yes, you may enter this build into the GB.

;D You've been watching FAR too many TV competition programmes.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 02, 2018, 01:54:03 AM

Just to let you know 1 month to go lads

Unless someone asks for the almost de riguer extension of course. <sigh>

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 02, 2018, 01:24:17 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 02, 2018, 01:54:03 AM

Just to let you know 1 month to go lads

Unless someone asks for the almost de riguer extension of course. <sigh>

Do you honestly expect to get away without one ?  ;D

I factor in 2 weeks extension plus 2 weeks voting time into my timings when I try and "plan" the GB season. This is why the yearly GB season takes about 15 months or so  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 18, 2018, 01:25:47 AM

2 weeks to go to the "official" end lads

And if anyone wants an extension we'll need to know WHY you need it. Starting your build late in the period will not be an acceptable reason..................

Regards
Kit