Freightdog at Telford 2017

Started by Freightdog862, September 29, 2017, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 12, 2017, 10:37:07 AM
Oooh, magic.  :thumbsup:

Of course if you DIDN'T cut down the Super Ten to a Standard it'd be even more of a Whiff...........  ;) ;D

Well its actually an absolute bugger to cut the plug out behind the wing (in front is fine as its one cut then fit the shorter nose on), so I'd imagine there will be a few Super Pofflers out there in years to come!

Colin     

Hobbes

Weaver

Gave it a plug on Twitter Colin, which also lets me post the pic here:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Freightdog862

Thanks Harold, much appreciated! I should be getting some samples tomorrow, then get one off to the artist for instructions. Shortening the fuselage is a bit tricky, more so if you want to retain the windows. Not including decals but best option is the 26Decals VC-10 C.1/K sheet which includes door frames, windows and even the cargo door outline. Ray at 26Decals is also selling his own boxing of the Roden VC-10 at a much lower price than anyone else (you don't need a tanker base kit, unless you want to do wing mounted pods proposed later rather than the plumbed in wing tip ones).

Should have six new small sets in addition to the two Multi Role VC-10 sets. I'll post more info when I have final prices. Have a sizeable restock due to, including canon armed Hurricane sets for NARSES2, going to be very busy the week before the show.

Colin       

Gondor

Thanks for the info about 26Decals Colin  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I'd like one of those cannon sets please.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 19, 2017, 02:25:13 PM
including canon armed Hurricane sets for NARSES2, going to be very busy the week before the show.

Colin     

Fantastic news Colin  :thumbsup: Can I reserve two sets for now please ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 19, 2017, 06:02:00 PM
I'd like one of those cannon sets please.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd & thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Freightdog862

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 20, 2017, 07:29:38 AM
Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 19, 2017, 02:25:13 PM
including canon armed Hurricane sets for NARSES2, going to be very busy the week before the show.

Colin     

Fantastic news Colin  :thumbsup: Can I reserve two sets for now please ?

No problem Sir. Not sure where my stand will be this year, have gone back to a corner plot so hopefully not in hall 3, or at least in the far corner as foot fall seemed decidedly less last year.

Colin     

Hobbes

Thanks for the tip on VC-10s at 26Decals, I need to stock up  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 20, 2017, 12:35:50 PM

No problem Sir. Not sure where my stand will be this year, have gone back to a corner plot so hopefully not in hall 3, or at least in the far corner as foot fall seemed decidedly less last year.

Colin   

Thanks Colin
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Colin - in addition to stocking your own What If version if the AZ SR53 will you also be stocking the regular real world version?  Asking as I can't make Telford.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitnut617

Colin, do you have any plans on re-releasing the 2-cannon pod that the P.1154 had ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Freightdog862

Quote from: kitbasher on October 28, 2017, 12:51:21 PM
Colin - in addition to stocking your own What If version if the AZ SR53 will you also be stocking the regular real world version?  Asking as I can't make Telford.

Yes I will, and hopefully before other UK outlets get it, but I'm waiting for AZ to confirm if they will have enough ready to pass over to me at Telford. I can put one aside for you no problem.

Colin 

Freightdog862

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 28, 2017, 01:28:48 PM
Colin, do you have any plans on re-releasing the 2-cannon pod that the P.1154 had ?

Probably not until kit comes out again.

Colin