Inspiration

Started by NARSES2, October 02, 2017, 07:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

The place to post your inspirations and the things that inspire you as far as the GB is concerned
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

And to kick things off;

My Grumman FB-2G Grebe:

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Not that I'll have much chance to actually compete in this GB, but you never know.

I inherited a 'kit' of this from the Venerable Mike McEvoy, and have a few ideas.............

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Here's one of my previous boat planes.
I challenge you all to build something this ugly...

Gully Gu-48 Godwit
Gully Gu-48 Godwit 009 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

the Sea Duck, from Disney's TaleSpin  :thumbsup:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

DHC Buffalo XC8A with the ACLS Air-Cushioned Landing System:

There was also the QSRA Buffalo with four turbofans blowing over the upper wing:

(Yes, that's a carrier it's landing on...)

So what's always occurred to me is to mix the two, to give STOL-on-any-surface.  :thumbsup:

What I've always fancied doing is a BAe-146-based version for the British Antarctic Survey... :wacko: (Not saying I'll get it done for this GB mind..)

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on October 03, 2017, 06:09:58 AM

What I've always fancied doing is a BAe-146-based version for the British Antarctic Survey... :wacko: (Not saying I'll get it done for this GB mind..)

So get building H, lots of cheapish 146s about, mostly in 1/144 of course. I may even have a few going spare.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jcf

SRN.4, of course, and as Kit has pointed out in the past, the Bell LCAC has almost the same footprint
as the BHC.7. Building most real world BHC.7 out of one of the 1/144 or 1/72 LCAC kits would require
a lot of kit-bashing/scratchbuilding for the superstructure, but, there were other concepts of both
the SRN.6 and BHC.7 that would be more easily adaptable.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 03, 2017, 08:51:07 AM
Quote from: Weaver on October 03, 2017, 06:09:58 AM

So get building H, lots of cheapish 146s about, mostly in 1/144 of course. I may even have a few going spare.  ;D

Got a 146 and a couple of 1/144th A-10s to nick the engine nacelles from. The problem is the flattened engine nozzles: I suppose I could learn how to smash/vac mould and make them that way, but that would depend on me not being a lazy git....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Part 2

Note that the BHC.7 propeller pylon is the same as that used on the SRN.4, so 1/144 modelers are
a step ahead. The Mk.6 'gunboat' has a lengthened hull, but a similar layout could be built on
the shorter LCAC platform.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 03, 2017, 04:55:50 PM

SRN.4, of course, and as Kit has pointed out in the past, the Bell LCAC has almost the same footprint
as the BHC.7. Building most real world BHC.7 out of one of the 1/144 or 1/72 LCAC kits would require
a lot of kit-bashing/scratchbuilding for the superstructure, but, there were other concepts of both
the SRN.6 and BHC.7 that would be more easily adaptable.

Veeeeery interesting JCF, bags of scope there.

I've got both scales of the Bell LCAC, but I'm somewhat frightened about all that rubber skirting, I'm sure it 's going to rip when I try and install it. Those BH7 variants look really good, a pity they didn't build any of them.

Quote from: Weaver on October 03, 2017, 04:56:44 PM

Got a 146 and a couple of 1/144th A-10s to nick the engine nacelles from. The problem is the flattened engine nozzles: I suppose I could learn how to smash/vac mould and make them that way, but that would depend on me not being a lazy git....

What flattened engine nozzles are they?

Regards
Kit

jcf

A couple of SRN.4 concepts, the minesweeper would be a fairly simple mod of the Airfix kit.

Open deck cargo carrier.