It's a Leopard, Bwana.

Started by JayBee, October 18, 2017, 06:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

There aren't hunters anymore in UK?  :o They must be getting their ammo somewhere. At the moment, here in France country roads are lined with warning signs "chasse en cours" (Hunt going on)

DISCLAIMER: I am not one of them, and I don't like pleasure hunting.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Weaver

There are plenty of shotguns in the UK and quite a few hunting rifles in the hands of gamekeepers and the like. However I don't think there's much in the way of reloading going on: shooters just buy fresh shells, cartridges. It may not even be legal to reload; I really don't know.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on October 20, 2017, 03:06:05 PM
There are plenty of shotguns in the UK and quite a few hunting rifles in the hands of gamekeepers and the like. However I don't think there's much in the way of reloading going on: shooters just buy fresh shells, cartridges. It may not even be legal to reload; I really don't know.

For various reasons it is very difficult to own and use a gun in the UK, "even" shotguns and air guns. I'm not getting into the argument as I can see both sides of it and have done some shooting in the past. The licensing system is very strict although Aircav will know far more about it as part of the shop he works in sells/repairs guns. It also sells models  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on October 20, 2017, 02:59:03 PM
There aren't hunters anymore in UK?  :o They must be getting their ammo somewhere. At the moment, here in France country roads are lined with warning signs "chasse en cours" (Hunt going on)

DISCLAIMER: I am not one of them, and I don't like pleasure hunting.

I've been in the Dordogne on the first day of the hunting season.  It was highly entertaining.  We sat outside a friends house on top of a hill. self medicated and watched the hunters careering around the woods below in Renault 4s.  There seemed to be more drinking going on than shooting.  We were amazed they didn't shoot each other or any of their dogs.  There was none of this hi viz safety gear I see american hunters wearing on TV.
At the end of the day they got together and proudly posed with their kill - one small boar piglet.
Still, they seemed to enjoy their day.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 21, 2017, 03:51:33 AM
Quote from: Weaver on October 20, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

For various reasons it is very difficult to own and use a gun in the UK, "even" shotguns and air guns. I'm not getting into the argument as I can see both sides of it and have done some shooting in the past. The licensing system is very strict although Aircav will know far more about it as part of the shop he works in sells/repairs guns. It also sells models  :angel:

I could go on about it at length too, having been a target shooter for the county in my time, but being refused a licence when I moved 100 miles away. Later on I found that was a totally illegal decision on the part of the Chief Constable concerned.   :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Well it is now Wednesday, and after the Glasgow show on Saturday I have had a few days R&R, so I am now able to do a bit of modelling.

I have done a bit of PSR on the fuselage and added a bit of lead sheet under the forward cockpit combing.

Progress will now be at my usual speed of a striking snail.

One thing I do have to say is that it is great being a few days behind PR19's "Personal Leopard" build as all the potential pit falls are being highlighted for me so I do not have to discover them by experience.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on October 25, 2017, 06:24:20 AM

One thing I do have to say is that it is great being a few days behind PR19's "Personal Leopard" build as all the potential pit falls are being highlighted for me so I do not have to discover them by experience.

Jim

Hm, I'm the fall guy again then?  ;D

Despite it's smallness and minimal faults it's a terrific model to build. It's so small I can hold the entire model in one hand.  :thumbsup:

I've developed a handy way to PSR the canopy-fuselage joint Jim, and I'll post it with pics on my Leopard thread later today.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Well after having a bit of a meltdown after my inability to be at Telford/SMW I am at last starting to get back into doing some modeling.
I have found this photo on the internet that shows the Leopard cockpit.

Now there are two things I must say.
The first is that does that salesman not look so like a young Neil Robinson?
Second is just how that hydraulic strut that is holding up the canopy remindes me SO much of the old Bond Bug that I used to drive. SIGH!.

Jim

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

NARSES2

Glad you are back into it Jim  :thumbsup: Hope I can follow your lead over the next few weeks  :-\

Quote from: JayBee on December 16, 2017, 11:57:16 AM

The first is that does that salesman not look so like a young Neil Robinson?

Now having had a proper look at this (I was in a rush yesterday) I can see your point, but surely at that age Nick would have been trying to sell second hand Camels and SE 5a's ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

You could use lengths of solder in places like the space between the wheel well and the fuselage side.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

JayBee

A little bit of progress, seatbelts fitted (thin strips of Tamiya tape) and painted.
Interestingly, looking at the photo posted earlier it would appear that the seatbelts fitted to the Leopard were standard automotive ones. Three point harnesses for the front seats but just lap straps for the rear seats.

Cats are not real. 

JayBee

Progress continues slowly but the canopy is fitted OK and now masked.
Now for some more sticking of plastic.

Cats are not real. 

PR19_Kit

I can see that masking tape works a darn sight better than the  rubbish Maskol I used on mine.

Looking good Jim.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

JayBee

Her she is getting her wings on at the correct anhedral, in the makeshift jig that I created.
Kit was right that the fairings that run rearwards from the wing roots need bending out a bit, I found that the starboard wing was not too bad but the port wing was a pig.

Cats are not real.