It's a Leopard, Bwana.

Started by JayBee, October 18, 2017, 06:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

A jig? A JIG?  :o

Wow, that's pretty techie, but it looks good. I might nick that idea for my 2nd one, thanks Jim.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

2mm under each wing tip. All due to that 3 view plan you posted Kit.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on March 07, 2018, 01:58:01 PM

2mm under each wing tip. All due to that 3 view plan you posted Kit.

Oooh yes. I'm glad I'm useful for something.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

JayBee

Well after quite a bit of delay, not least being Sister-out-law from the good old USofA ( she is Canadian by the way), was here for six weeks. Then there has been the sheer mental terror of the colour scheme I have chosen to do. I must be mad to have gone down this route. Yes I know there are those of you who know me and would most probably say that the term should be 'more mad'.

The colour scheme (as much as you are getting to see at the moment), has an underside of white primer (Halfords i.e. automotive rattle can) white.
The next colour is Humbrol 250 'Desert Sand' 50/50 with white. The top colour is straight humbrol 250.
The masking for these was done with Blu-tak White (White-Tak?) and that was where the next problems started.

This painting and masking has been done over the last couple of weeks which have also been a time of rather warm temperatures (24C) and low(ish) humidity, as low as 40%. Great for painting, but not for removing White-tak. It becomes very soft and sticky, and is an absolute pig to get of a model.
It has taken me two days to get it all of this model, and it is not that big.
The final solution, after using a wooden chisel, was to use full tak masking tape to get the rest of the residue of.

Anyway here are some photos of that painting process.

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

NARSES2

Mad or not, it's looking good Jim  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

The transfers, few as they are, have now been added, and the fin has been placed just for these photos (it was painted some time ago).
So this should give you some idea where this is going.
Things are about to get spotty,.
You know that is where it went rather bad for me.
Having decided that this was going to be painted like a Leopard, I had not considered the finer points of Leopard spots.
When I checked up on the wonderful Internet "differences, leopards and cheetahs" I got a bit of a surprise.
Cheetahs have spots, Leopards have lots of little spots, in groups called rosettes.
This is not going to be the easiest paint job I have ever tackled.

Cats are not real. 

PR19_Kit

VERY promising Jim.   ;D

I like your thought patterns here.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit