North American f-100D Super Sabre - Republic of Equatorial Guinea Air Force

Started by zenrat, October 24, 2017, 02:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

F-100D Super Sabre Equatorial Guinea 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The West African Republic of Equatorial Guinea is now the largest oil exporting country in Africa (and by all accounts not a very nice place to be) but before 1968 it was a Spanish colony.
Spain transferred a number of Super Sabres upon independence forming the nucleus of the new republic's Air Force.
F-100D Super Sabre Equatorial Guinea 5 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
F-100D Super Sabre Equatorial Guinea 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
F-100D Super Sabre Equatorial Guinea 8 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I chose to allocate this build to the RoEGAF because the roundels went well with the green camo i'd already started painting.
F-100D Super Sabre Equatorial Guinea 18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
It's a late seventies/early eighties release of the Hasegawa F-100D first produced in 1965.
I built it OOB and handpainted it with Vallejo acrylics.
Decals are from a Linden Hill Frogfoot set.
The moulds for this are incidentally the same ones Hasegawa are currently using in their current F-100D Super Sabre Combo (two complete kits) which retails here for $53:99.  I paid less than $10 for this one.
F-100D Super Sabre Equatorial Guinea 17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Colorful!  :thumbsup:

And what's the visitor from Russia, lurking there at the first picture's edge?

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Wow... it looked good before but now... That camo looks great, the markings too, and the loadout is just perfect, all displayed with great pics in a cool scenario... As Wayne and Garth would say: "Excellent!" :bow:

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 24, 2017, 03:08:11 AM
And what's the visitor from Russia, lurking there at the first picture's edge?

That's his build of the Italeri Mig-37 ferret, can't remember what he calls it...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

At the time of photographing it appears a MiG 37U stealth advanced trainer (NATO reporting name Migraine) was present on the airfield.

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43222.60.html

I included it because it has a stylistically similar camouflage scheme.
Inspired by this.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

Ah, now I recognize it. The nose was unfamiliar, but with the wings it makes sense.  :lol:

TheChronicOne

Glorrrrrious!

Ain't never seen one other than NMF or SEA camo, this is great!!  :lol: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Cracking build and colour scheme Fred, I am sure my Gran used to have curtains in that colour too :o
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

PR19_Kit

Looks really great in that colour scheme.  :thumbsup:

The contrast between the NMF tanks etc. and the GREEN airframe work very well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks folks.  I want to continue developing this type of scheme.  Maybe using blue shades on a Fullback.

Chris - My Gran's curtains were brown or green velour.  The only inspiration I could draw from them would be for a Star Fleet uniform or a really nasty suit.  I still have one which I use as a table cloth in my shed.

Fred

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Snowtrooper

It looks beautiful, but against the backdrop of an evergreen rainforest could also be a very effective camo. What's not to like?

sandiego89

Great job! Really like the colors and how you did the high heat area of the aft fuselage area in natural metal- a real must for proper lookingF-100's.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA