Main Menu

Wanted/For Sale

Started by NARSES2, October 25, 2017, 06:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

You know, I swear I'm going mad.  I seem to be reading things into what people are saying that quite simply aren't there.  And frighteningly, it seem to be getting more and more common.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on May 23, 2020, 01:10:37 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 23, 2020, 09:15:57 AM
I'm not sure he's entirely correct when he told you that the shape of the wing changes - in planform it doesn't, the taper just carries on from the Lancaster quite smoothly into the Lincoln wing. 

Where did I say that Lee?

Gondor

In planform Lee is right, I think the change is in the dihedral. From the Manchester, through the Lancaster, to the Lincoln, the wingtip height from the ground remained the same.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on May 23, 2020, 01:10:37 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 23, 2020, 09:15:57 AM
I'm not sure he's entirely correct when he told you that the shape of the wing changes - in planform it doesn't, the taper just carries on from the Lancaster quite smoothly into the Lincoln wing. 

Where did I say that Lee?

Gondor

Here, but it's more me misreading something:

Quote from: Gondor on May 23, 2020, 04:38:32 AM
Due to the change in angle of the outer wing panels between the Lancaster and Lincoln the outer engine nacelles are replaced with part 4. For the inner engines part 3 is supplied to replace the front of the nacelle which means that a B. Mk I/III kit can be used.

I thought it said it was a planform change when it meant dihedral.  I refer the honorable gentleman to the statement I made some moments earlier.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

philp

Thanks all.  I had looked at Woody's build after I received the conversion and will be using it when I give this a go.
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973462-172-blackbird-lincoln-conversion-masks-off/

I have a Revell Mk I/III and an Airfix Dambuster in the stash but plan to build both of them as is so still need another Lanc.  Have a guy who has made an offer so unless I see one at the Nats in July (if they really happen) I will probably take him up on it.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 23, 2020, 04:39:57 PM

I thought it said it was a planform change when it meant dihedral.  I refer the honorable gentleman to the statement I made some moments earlier.

That's exactly what I meant but for the life of me could I either think of the word or spell it!

Named after the famous Welsh mathematician Di Hedral  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

loupgarou

Hi, I need for a cousin of mine the instructions for the Gunze Sangyo Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT . Anyone can help?
BTW, I had the links to some sites with a library of instructions, but cannot find them anymore. Any suggestions?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on June 05, 2020, 02:00:30 PM
Hi, I need for a cousin of mine the instructions for the Gunze Sangyo Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT . Anyone can help?
BTW, I had the links to some sites with a library of instructions, but cannot find them anymore. Any suggestions?

This site doesn't have what you want, but it does have a lot of instructions.
http://www.cavallar.ch/model/

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Thanks, Fred. I saved that link, will be useful infuture.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

Lovely car kits, those Gunze Sangayo ones, although they tend to be curbside without engines etc.

I have one of their Daytona Cobra kits, which has a white metal chassis built just like the full size one, amazing stuff. I've stuffed a Ford 289 in there though, filched from an AMT Cobra kit.

I've only been building it for about 20 yrs, with luck I'll have it done before I'm 100...................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Rheged

FREE to anyone who can use them.

I am assembling  a1/72  Hasegawa Ki-61 Tony, kit number JS-091   A2.   It is of considerable antiquity  and the remnant  of an elderly (now deceased) gentleman's stash.  I don't need either the pilot or the standing airman that are part of the kit..........parts number 27 PILOT, SEATED, part 28 PILOT RIGHT ARM,  part 29 PILOT, STANDING, SALUTING and finally part 30 PILOT STANDING, BASE PLATE.  They are all rather nicely moulded.

I'm happy to give these away to anyone who can use them, I'll even pay the postage in UK so you can have them for absolutely nothing at all.   I might even post them out to the furthest antipodes if it's not too expensive!

Please let me know, by PM,  if you can use these.  In the unlikely event of multiple requests, it's first  message gets them.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TheChronicOne

ISO:  The Revell 1/72 Cousteau's PBY.   
-Sprues McDuck-

crudebuteffective

Anyone have a spare matchbox meteor NF 11 canopy?
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

PR19_Kit

I have lots of them, but they're all 120 miles away from where I am now. :(

How much of a hurry are you in for them?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit