Main Menu

Wanted/For Sale

Started by NARSES2, October 25, 2017, 06:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I've got a brand new ICM Fw-189A that I bought as prospective boom fodder for the Rotocrane and now it's surplus to requirements. The box and plastic bag have been opened, but all parts are still on the sprues, and it has markings for Bulgarian and Hungarian Air Forces, no idea why.

The retail was £18.60 so £10 should get it for any interested parties for delivery at Telford, otherwise it'll cost P&P as well.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Does anyone have a Revell 1/72nd scale M60 a3 with m9 dozer blade , they are willing to part with please. I am in the UK.
I have an armoured breaching vehicle I want to build, (M728 CEV)and said kit has the dozer blade and tank I need for said vehicle.
Cheers
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitbasher

WANTED: 1/72 Ju52/3m fin and rudder (honest!).  Doesn't matter which kit as long as the corrugation effect is still visible.  happy to take broken parts (as long as all the parts are there in order to repair them).
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

TheChronicOne

WANTED:

(I know, I know.... "wish in one hand....")

I have this now!
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TheChronicOne

Thanks, bud!!!  Here's the thing, though; I can live without the stairs, I just want the gravel kit that comes with them. Oddly enough, it doesn't actually say on the header card for some reason, but that fret has the deflector plate and other gravel kit items (or at least SOME of it, I don't see the vortex dissipator things there .. )  that go on a 737. I can already tell I'm going to have to scratch build it (shouldn't be difficult at least) but I'm trying to track this set down anyway if for no other reason than to try because the popular opinion seems to be that these have all been used up by now and none will ever come (back) to market.  :wacko:

This is the type of shenanigans/trouble I find myself in every time I do a real world build.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:      Not that I'm complaining, but, when I started this project I was unaware that EVERY 737-200 Saudia flew was fitted with the kit. Up until that point, putting a gravel kit on my model was just an option. Only saving grace is that a lot of them didn't have the rock deflector plate on the nose gear, however, so I still retain the option to omit that, but, that's the coolest part of the gravel kit!!! 
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

IIRC Fotokit did the 737 gravel kit as a separate etch on its own. I had one at one stage, but not sure if I still do. I'll have a look tomorrow,

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Goody!! Thanks a bunch.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on November 29, 2018, 11:24:49 AM
WANTED: 1/72 Ju52/3m fin and rudder (honest!).  Doesn't matter which kit as long as the corrugation effect is still visible.  happy to take broken parts (as long as all the parts are there in order to repair them).

Big thanks to TomZ for the fin/rudder.  Will get to work with in in the New Year. 
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

rickshaw

I am after a turret from a 1/72 Boulton-Paul Defiant model.  Quite willing to accept other, mid-upper level turrets as long as they are similar in shape.   I am Downunder so quite willing to pay postage.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on January 11, 2019, 03:48:31 AM
I am after a turret from a 1/72 Boulton-Paul Defiant model.  Quite willing to accept other, mid-upper level turrets as long as they are similar in shape.   I am Downunder so quite willing to pay postage.

Are you set on having four guns?  I have a number of two gun turrets in the stash but none with four.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: rickshaw on January 11, 2019, 03:48:31 AM

Brian, I should have one floating around in my parts bin but it'll be a few days before I can get to have a look (moving eldest back home for a few months, while she builds her house). Save you postage, if I can find it. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

Fred and Guy, thank'ee for your kind offers.  I think I'll wait a few days for Guy.  Four or two guns does not matter, it is the shape that I'm particularly after.    :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

The Revell Halifax III (radial engines) has several upper turrets, including the Boulton Paul four gun turret that was used on the Defiant.  Worth getting as you get the complete thing, not just the glazing, and you have a Halifax to play with also.

You may also want to think about the Squadron vac set for the Halifax.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

rickshaw

I am presently looking for a 1/48 Mirage IV kit.  Willing to pay postage and packaging to downunder.