Main Menu

Wanted/For Sale

Started by NARSES2, October 25, 2017, 06:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Mossie on July 03, 2019, 09:26:15 AM
I've had a re-think and an Esci F-5B (or the Italeri/Revell reboxings) would work better.  Can anybody offer one of these for beer vouchers/swaps?

Ta for looking!

I think I have one of each surplus to requirements, let me look through the stash and I'll get back to you.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

Quote from: JayBee on July 03, 2019, 11:07:30 AM
Hi Simon,
I have in my hands an Italeri F-5F Tiger 11 if you are interested, PM me if you could live with that.
My original idea was to combine it with the flying surfaces of the X-29 from the Hasegawa kit, but i now know that I do not have enough years left on this mortal coil to build all these ideas that I have.

Thank you as always Jim, although I've got my heart set on a F-5B or T-38.  It's for a real project and there's too many changes in the Tiger.

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 03, 2019, 11:12:47 AM
I'll take over his former spot and declare that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Sword 1/72 T-38. Would have mentioned it a couple days ago when I first saw it but I didn't want to cut in line, as it were.  :lol:

Fight you for it!  :wacko:  Seriously, no worries as the project I'm looking at has aspects of both the T-33 and F-5B and it'll be easier to remove stuff from the latter then add it to the former.  Still, if you find a few I'll have one, although the odds of stepping in rocking horse point seem higher.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TheChronicOne

Them Sword T-38s are rare.....  first one comes up is yours! I'll wait for the second.  ;D I just threw in my hat because I figured one of those F-5Bs will come up sooner than the Sword T-38.  ;D

I saw one once on eBay a couple years ago and something told me I should have snagged it then and it turns out I was right. It was a bit pricey... I probably didn't want to pay it, but had I the chance now I'd snap it up.  :banghead:

EDIT:  Seeing as I'm a fan of the T-38, I'm curious as to why, say, a Hasegawa or PM T-38 kit wouldn't do if a F-5B would suffice anyway? I know they're not accurate, but if you're willing to "settle" for an F-5B, why not possibly settle for for one of those other kits (which are really just F-5Bs anyway). Is there something special about the ESCI F-5B?  I'm curious is all, not trying to criticize... I'm just wondering what the differences are because I don't know and would like to.  :lol: :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

Simon, I have three F-5B's, Esci, Revell and a PM Models one. Take your pic.

rickshaw

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 03, 2019, 02:41:58 PM

Be aware that the PM one isn't 1/72 by a long shot.  Its more like 1/80+...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

Robert, thank you! PM incoming. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 03, 2019, 12:49:57 PM
Them Sword T-38s are rare.....  first one comes up is yours! I'll wait for the second.  ;D I just threw in my hat because I figured one of those F-5Bs will come up sooner than the Sword T-38.  ;D

I saw one once on eBay a couple years ago and something told me I should have snagged it then and it turns out I was right. It was a bit pricey... I probably didn't want to pay it, but had I the chance now I'd snap it up.  :banghead:

EDIT:  Seeing as I'm a fan of the T-38, I'm curious as to why, say, a Hasegawa or PM T-38 kit wouldn't do if a F-5B would suffice anyway? I know they're not accurate, but if you're willing to "settle" for an F-5B, why not possibly settle for for one of those other kits (which are really just F-5Bs anyway). Is there something special about the ESCI F-5B?  I'm curious is all, not trying to criticize... I'm just wondering what the differences are because I don't know and would like to.  :lol: :thumbsup:

It's the best of it's time and nothing's come along since.  Like a lot of Esci kits, it still holds up well for it's age.

I'm not settling, the F-5B will work better (If I used a T-33 kit I'd probably need some F-5 parts) and the Sword T-33s are proving very shy!  Please take any Sword kit that comes along, I've no specific need now, it'd just be stash fodder

Quote from: rickshaw on July 03, 2019, 09:15:10 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on July 03, 2019, 02:41:58 PM

Be aware that the PM one isn't 1/72 by a long shot.  Its more like 1/80+...

Thanks Brian, I'll definitely give that one a miss then.  It seems the Hasegawa and Starfix kits are pretty rough too.  There's a Matchbox kit which seems okay, but it goes for daft prices on eBay.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TheChronicOne

Cheers!! I'm now adding the ESCI F-5B to my list of wants with this new knowledge.

Didn't know about that PM kit being weird size... that definitely means the one I have will be used for what-if purposes.

Starfix...  I forgot to mention that one, I have one of them too but I knew it wasn't worth bringing up I guess.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

nighthunter

Holy Grail kits:
1/72 Fine Molds Porco Rosso Curtiss R3C-0
1/72 Pegasus "Apollo 27" Rocket
1/72 Monogram Babylon 5 Starfury
1/72 Roden RR Armored Car
1/Toon Meng M5 Stuart
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Mossie

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 04, 2019, 05:27:07 AM
Cheers!! I'm now adding the ESCI F-5B to my list of wants with this new knowledge

This came into my possession a few days ago (thanks again Robert  :thumbsup:).  Really is a nice kit for it's age.  Engraved panel lines and more than enough detail from be going with.  The fuselage is split for a single seat nose, the F-5A is also available.

This'll be my entry into the engines more or less GB. :thumbsup:

kitnut617

Quote from: Mossie on July 19, 2019, 12:48:26 PM
the F-5A is also available.

And I have one of those in my stash too, along with an RF-5A/Skoshi Tiger.

Weaver

Quote from: nighthunter on July 08, 2019, 04:50:22 PM
Holy Grail kits:
1/72 Fine Molds Porco Rosso Curtiss R3C-0
1/72 Pegasus "Apollo 27" Rocket
1/72 Monogram Babylon 5 Starfury
1/72 Roden RR Armored Car
1/Toon Meng M5 Stuart

1/72 Fine Molds Porco Rosso Curtiss R3C-0: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fine-Molds-FJ2-CURTISS-R3C-0-Seaplane-PORCO-ROSSO-1-72-scale-kit/192971527796?epid=1923157881&hash=item2cedffd674:g:RPMAAOSwR7tdGb3f

1/72 Pegasus "Apollo 27" Rocket: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pegasus-Apollo-27-Rocket-Space-Model-Kit/273929398076?hash=item3fc776e73c:g:sRUAAOSwPMpdK8MJ

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

TheChronicOne

Looking for 1/72 F2H-2P Photo Banshee decals for the early version all blue scheme.  :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 03, 2019, 01:00:37 PM
Looking for 1/72 F2H-2P Photo Banshee decals for the early version all blue scheme.  :unsure:

Do you mean the kit decals from the MPC (nee Airfix) kit you posted the pic of?

My copy of that kit was sealed when I got it so the transfers could be usable.  I'll have a look.  I won't be using them so you can have them if you want.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Oddly enough, they provide the photo NOSE but not the photo decals.  :banghead:
-Sprues McDuck-