N.A. Mustang P-51S, U.S. Navy, Korean War (DONE! PICS on Page 3)

Started by TheChronicOne, November 01, 2017, 03:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Thank you so much!!

One thing I noticed after developing a more keen eye for all this stuff is that some of the strut work or whatever the stuff is called that attaches the floats to the fuselage .. is that some of them is more beefy and solid than others and I think these little spindly things were on the more petite end of the spectrum.   ;D  Trial by fire I guess.

Bonus picture since I already have it in my copy and paste "holding spot"  :   

-Sprues McDuck-

strobez

That's a really nice result! I don't see much of an issue with the canopy fit either, so bonus points!

I've also experienced a bit of a challenge in fitting the floats to my Macchi M.52r build.  It seems so easy, but getting them to line up and not twist around has been more of a challenge than I though.  I've been back to the drawing board a couple of times already, but your build has given me some ideas to try as well, so thanks!

I also wanted to mention that I sometimes feel an almost kinetic energy from your posts as you get close to the end of a build.  That's a hard spot for me as well... you're so close to being done you can taste it, but rushing the finale leads to mistakes and do-overs.  One of the great things I've learned through modeling is how to be (more) patient.  GB-deadlines aside (and even then... who REALLY cares?) it's sometimes hard to remember that you are the one controlling your own project destiny.  If it doesn't get done today, it'll get done tomorrow - and it's always better for it to get done RIGHT than FAST.... right?

Still... If I can JUST glue this one more thing on before I go to bed...  :banghead:
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

Thanks!! ... first off...  :lol:  And I'm glad some of my trials have provided a bit of insight. These floats 'n stuff are a bit of challenge at times. Looks simple, but may not be!

Secondly....    yes!  It's hard to peg down but I blame the ADD stuff for some of it.  It's not always the case, though. I wish I could find a happy medium.  You're absolutely right about taking the time to ease up and not rush things. I have a broken mind but when I can maintain focus I can often "do the right thing. " Problem is, a moment of weakness can erase hours of focus.  :-\

If I can just glue this last piece on... and get it to sit right . . . ..             :rolleyes: ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

TomZ

Now that really is a beauty!
Love the way it looks in blue.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

There are lots of historical cases where single seater's have carried a passenger, in some cases two, but they were mostly in emergencies with the passenger being either a downed pilot or perhaps on the occasion of an airfield about to be overrun you might fly your "mate" out.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Thanks, fellas!!!   

You know, I had half a mind to glue a couple gurney baskets on them pontoons so it could carry wounded like on M*A*S*H*    :o ;D  Wouldn't be a fun ride on take of landing though!!!   :o ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Glenn Gilbertson

zenrat

I've been thinking about this (always dangerous) and as the floats are quite large they could easilly give up some of their internal volume to the rescued airmen.  Either by having a compartment accessed by a hatch in the top of the float or by having a lowered concave area with a windscreen and grab handles in which they could lay out of the slipstream.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on November 21, 2017, 02:32:29 AM
I've been thinking about this (always dangerous) and as the floats are quite large they could easilly give up some of their internal volume to the rescued airmen.  Either by having a compartment accessed by a hatch in the top of the float or by having a lowered concave area with a windscreen and grab handles in which they could lay out of the slipstream.

There we go!! That sounds plausible. Would look pretty cool "deployed" too.  :mellow:  Kinda reminds me of bobsleds a little now.  :wacko:

I had a thought out of G.I. Joe or something last night. Perhaps all this did was land then maybe some inflatabble junk pops out and then there's a net or something that could be stretched across to the other float to make a catamaran type setup then they all just sit there floating around waiting on proper rescue or something.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Do you authorize me to (try to) make (with PhotoPaint) a zwilling Double Mustang from it?
(to complete ericr's float-Twin-Mustang) :unsure: ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Tophe on November 21, 2017, 03:14:30 AM
Do you authorize me to (try to) make a zwilling Double Mustang from it?
(to complete ericr's float-Twin-Mustang) :unsure: ;)

Yes, go for it! Do whatever you like.  :lol:  I'd love to see it.
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]