4FW Special edition paint job time lapse

Started by scooter, November 03, 2017, 03:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

4th FW 75th anniversary repaint time lapse

Only thing that would have made it cooler would have been full color stars and bars.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Yes, doing a commem paint job in 'stealth' colours isn't really where it's at. They'd hardly go on ops with that scheme anyway, so why not give it the full colour beans?

But I can't help but imagine the size of their Tamiya tape roll, it must have been 6 ft wide and 20 ft in dia!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

strobez

I don't know where they got all those tiny little people to paint that 1/72 scale F-15... but I could use a few of them in my workshop...  :rolleyes: :lol:
Thanks!

Greg

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 03, 2017, 05:03:47 AM
Yes, doing a commem paint job in 'stealth' colours isn't really where it's at. They'd hardly go on ops with that scheme anyway, so why not give it the full colour beans?

But I can't help but imagine the size of their Tamiya tape roll, it must have been 6 ft wide and 20 ft in dia!  :o

Considering 4FG was formed from the Eagle Squadrons, perhaps an F-15E in Dark Earth and Dark Green? :wacko:
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 03, 2017, 05:03:47 AM

I believe under USAF Regs, they are required to be able to return the aircraft to full operational readiness, including camouflaged paint job within 24 hours, if required to.   I know the Thunderbirds had to do that with some of their F-16s a few years ago.   I would assume it would be easier with a "stealth" paint job rather than a "full colour beans", Kit.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

How long does it  take to spray an entire aircraft grey? I think they're swinging the lead.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 04, 2017, 02:00:02 AM
How long does it  take to spray an entire aircraft grey? I think they're swinging the lead.

May be but it is AIUI what is required.  Move than likely the cam paint is IR absorbent or something special like that...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on November 04, 2017, 03:54:36 AM

May be but it is AIUI what is required.  Move than likely the cam paint is IR absorbent or something special like that...

And each individual paint molecule has to be cleared of the slightest association with communism or jihadisism as well, yes?  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 04, 2017, 07:09:28 AM

And each individual paint molecule has to be cleared of the slightest association with communism or jihadisism as well, yes?  ;) ;D

That's after its finished, when the base chaplain's corps bless each aircraft with garlic-infused holy water. :wacko:
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 04, 2017, 07:09:28 AM

"We will NOT have any Goddam Commie or Jihadi paint in this man's air force!"   :thumbsup:

zenrat

1 1/2 hours to spray the plane grey but 3 weeks prior to fill out the paperwork to get approval, carry out the environmental impact statement, risk assessment and HAZID, to audit the mitigation measures identified and then review the paperwork in light of the audit findings.

:o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2017, 01:50:59 AM

1 1/2 hours to spray the plane grey but 3 weeks prior to fill out the paperwork to get approval, carry out the environmental impact statement, risk assessment and HAZID, to audit the mitigation measures identified and then review the paperwork in light of the audit findings.

Can't you just tell that you work, or have worked, in an area that demands such stupid complexity Fred?

I bet Zenrat Industries has no truck with such stuff, eh?

Regards
Kit

scooter

Plus you have to meet AFOSH (Air Force Occupational Safety and Health) standards as well.  I'm surprised no one in the video was wearing fall harnesses
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on November 05, 2017, 05:38:30 AM

Plus you have to meet AFOSH (Air Force Occupational Safety and Health) standards as well.  I'm surprised no one in the video was wearing fall harnesses

Perhaps they were the new 'Stealth Harnesses'?  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 05, 2017, 04:36:05 AM

Can't you just tell that you work, or have worked, in an area that demands such stupid complexity Fred?

I bet Zenrat Industries has no truck with such stuff, eh?

I've worked for both Railtrack and Melbourne Water.
zenrat industries has a zero tolerance policy towards red tape.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..