AvPro Marauder (1/72)

Started by jalles, November 04, 2017, 03:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalles

Quote from: KiwiZac on November 23, 2017, 11:47:49 AM
This one is what made me fall in love with the Marauder.

Yeah, me too.  Unfortunately mine isn't going to turn out that cool.  I thought the drawings I was basing my build on were from an AvPro CD, but apparently they're from a fan and I don't think they're accurate.  My Marauder is going to be too narrow :banghead: but at this point I don't feel like starting over so I'm keeping it as is.

strobez

I immediately move that jalles' Marauder be disqualified and removed from the competitive aspect of this GB on the grounds that it is grossly inaccurate!

<heh, heh, heh... that ought to thin the field considerably...   :wacko:>
Thanks!

Greg

jcf

Quote from: jalles on November 23, 2017, 01:01:36 PM
Quote from: KiwiZac on November 23, 2017, 11:47:49 AM
This one is what made me fall in love with the Marauder.

Yeah, me too.  Unfortunately mine isn't going to turn out that cool.  I thought the drawings I was basing my build on were from an AvPro CD, but apparently they're from a fan and I don't think they're accurate.  My Marauder is going to be too narrow :banghead: but at this point I don't feel like starting over so I'm keeping it as is.

As the real thing was vapourware, and had numerous variations, I don't beleive there is such a thing
as accuracy with the subject.
:thumbsup:

jalles

Quote from: strobez on November 24, 2017, 11:22:59 PM
I immediately move that jalles' Marauder be disqualified and removed from the competitive aspect of this GB on the grounds that it is grossly inaccurate!

I guess I'll have to go with plan B, a 1/32 Blohm & Voss BV 222 powered by 12 Jumo 004s  :angry:

TheChronicOne

HEhehehhehe  ^^^^

Lookin good so far! Pretty choice work, if I say so......
-Sprues McDuck-

jcf

Quote from: jalles on November 25, 2017, 11:33:09 AM
Quote from: strobez on November 24, 2017, 11:22:59 PM

I guess I'll have to go with plan B, a 1/32 Blohm & Voss BV 222 powered by 12 Jumo 004s  :angry:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D

strobez

Heh, well it was worth a shot...  :mellow:

Althouh I have to say, Plan B has a certain panache to it... ;)
Thanks!

Greg

jalles

Despite working a fair bit on the Marauder, I don't have much to show for it.

The engine nacelles are coming together. I used putty to fill in the interior.  I'm still not sure if I'll fit compressors faces in them since they can't really be seen down the intake without a flashlight.  The one on the right has been shaped to fit onto the fuselage (notice the notches in the front).

Here's how it will integrate onto the top of the fuselage, there's going to be a lot of PSR to do.

Finally, the cockpit is slowly shaping up.

PR19_Kit

That's looking pretty darned amazing.  :o :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jalles

Thanks Kit! I'm really hoping it comes together.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

63cpe

QuoteQuote from: DogfighterZen on Today at 02:42:52 am
Quote from: PR19_Kit on Yesterday at 10:54:11 am
That's looking pretty darned amazing.  :o :thumbsup:

Second that!! :thumbsup:

Third it  :thumbsup:

Fourth that!  :wub:

jalles

A little more progress.

The cockpit has been painted. The closeups certainly highlight all of the flaws, I think it looks better in person.

There's a custom decal in there for the cockpit displays.  I found a picture of the the Eduard F-15E photo-etch set on the internet.  I cut it up in Photoshop and rearranged it in Illustrator.  Then I printed it out on decal sheet, flat coated it and applied it to the cockpit. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

It's now glued into the top half of the fuselage, but no pics yet.

Here's the bottom, mostly finished with the landing gear wells installed.

A lot of work yet to do.  Hopefully I'll seal up the fuselage and install the engine nacelles tomorrow.

Caveman

That's amazing! And scratch built. More superlatives required!
secretprojects forum migrant