Supermarine Type 327

Started by The Wooksta!, November 13, 2017, 12:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wuzak

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 11, 2018, 10:53:35 AM
One Hornet nacelle is definitely longer than the other, there's photographic evidence to prove it.  Besides which, the info came from John Adams of Aeroclub and what he doesn't know about the Hornet isn't worth knowing.  I trust that man when he says something about British aircraft.

I've never heard that before.

Do you know what the difference is?

Weaver

It looked great on the stand Lee.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 10, 2018, 01:46:14 PM
Overall, I've enjoyed it and I'm happy with it to a degree, but I feel it's been a bit rushed.  The next one I do will be better.  If only I could decide on what I want to do with it...

Fleet Air Arm?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

"It's not confidential, I've got potential"

Quote from: wuzak on February 11, 2018, 04:51:23 PM
One Hornet nacelle is definitely longer than the other, there's photographic evidence to prove it.  Besides which, the info came from John Adams of Aeroclub and what he doesn't know about the Hornet isn't worth knowing.  I trust that man when he says something about British aircraft.

0.759 of an inch, so a slim shim of plastic card would be enough.  The evidence is in the recent Valiant Wings book on the Hornet by Richard Franks.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 12, 2018, 02:46:35 AM

0.759 of an inch, so a slim shim of plastic card would be enough.  The evidence is in the recent Valiant Wings book on the Hornet by Richard Franks.

So 1 Thou' in 1/72 scale --- not worth the bother is it ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

wuzak

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 12, 2018, 02:46:35 AM

Is that in the engine? I wouldn't have thought it needed to be, but it is possible.

I do know that the left and right hand rotating engines had slightly different reduction ratios. From memory, it was 0.420 for the 130 and 0.422 for the 131. would have to check my books to be sure.

The Wooksta!

"Ready let's roll onto something new"

Sneak preview before I upload the photos later in the week.  Thanks to Narses2 for the photo.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

It's very 'Hornetish', but I can see why you don't like that nosewheel, it looks very fragile!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 14, 2018, 10:28:57 PM
It's very 'Hornetish', but I can see why you don't like that nosewheel, it looks very fragile!

The nosewheel and leg looks like the De Havilland engineers got a spare from a Horten 229.  :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

Elegant aicraft. The PRU Blue suits it well.  :thumbsup:

I just wonder if it is possible to put a model of this aircraft on its three legs without a tail support? Maybe only a vacu kit, with the nose and the engines full of lead or uranium...?  :unsure:

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on February 15, 2018, 12:22:08 AM

The nosewheel and leg looks like the De Havilland engineers got a spare from a Horten 229.  :rolleyes:

Almost my exact thoughts. There's a lot of aircraft around from that period where the nose wheel and leg look way out of scale.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 15, 2018, 01:08:14 AM
Elegant aicraft. The PRU Blue suits it well.  :thumbsup:

I just wonder if it is possible to put a model of this aircraft on its three legs without a tail support? Maybe only a vacu kit, with the nose and the engines full of lead or uranium...?  :unsure:

Maybe cast a nose wheel out of lead?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

I've already suggested that to Colin in the relevant Freightdog thread...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

KiwiZac

What a smart-looking machine. I like it! The nosewheel does look a bit goofy but I bet with the undercarriage up it has gorgeous lines.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates