Crazy Frog

Started by zenrat, November 15, 2017, 03:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Crazy Frog - 29 Ford Roadster Pickup + Jowett Jupiter
Crazy Frog 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
This has been in my head for a while.  It's good to finally get it out.
Crazy Frog 15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The chassis is from an AMT Tiger Shark.  The 1:1 Tiger Shark was a do-over of the Car Craft Dream Rod and was built on a 1952 Jowett Jupiter chassis with VW Beetle torsion bar front suspension.  The Dream Rod is notable for not having enough legroom for a grown adult.
Crazy Frog 5 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The body is a 1929 Ford Roadster Pickup body from an AMT Ala Kart while the engine is from the Tiger Shark kit to which I added a resin supercharger and magneto.
Crazy Frog 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The nose piece is the tail from a 1/32 Matchbox Auto Union, the tray is scratchbuilt from balsa and styrene and the radiator is mounted flat under the tray with a scoop below it and a cowled electric fan on top sucking air through.
Crazy Frog 17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The name came to me while I was taking these pics.
Crazy Frog 18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Paint is airbrushed Zero Paints candy green over rattle canned silver car paint on the body with red tamiya enamel brushed onto almost everything else.  There are no decals.
Crazy Frog 19 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Great build, well done.

PR19_Kit

Looks terrific Fred, but whatever behoved them to pick a Jupiter chassis for goodness sake?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

And here I thought the title said "Crunchy Frog"

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Kit - no idea why they chose it.  Perhaps it was simply a case of there was one at the back of the garage?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 15, 2017, 07:17:10 PM

Kit - no idea why they chose it.  Perhaps it was simply a case of there was one at the back of the garage?

Hehehe, indeed so. I didn't even know that Jowett exported Jupiters to the USA, it's a bit of an odd-ball machine.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 16, 2017, 12:39:43 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 15, 2017, 07:17:10 PM

Hehehe, indeed so. I didn't even know that Jowett exported Jupiters to the USA, it's a bit of an odd-ball machine.

Possibly came over with a returning US military member, a number of UK/European orphans made
it over here in that way over the decades. Of course that was in the days when they'd transport any
and all of your personal possesions.

:thumbsup: