Some recent ish armour builds

Started by chrisonord, November 17, 2017, 02:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

These are both 1/72nd scale, The V-150  is the ACE one that come out not that long ago, and the Merkava is the Hobbyboss mk4 version. The Merkava went together really nice, and was a good quick build. The V-150 surprised me in that I hardly swore putting it together, maybe tourettes is frowned upon in the Ukraine, anyway it went together really well, and the detail on it is pretty sharp too. I can recommend them both for sure.
Chris
IMG_2366 by Chris Hall, on Flickr
IMG_2365 by Chris Hall, on Flickr
IMG_2364 by Chris Hall, on Flickr
IMG_2363 by Chris Hall, on Flickr
IMG_2362 by Chris Hall, on Flickr
IMG_2361 by Chris Hall, on Flickr
IMG_2360 by Chris Hall, on Flickr

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Nice work mate.

I'm seriously thinking of getting some 1/72 armour as there's some interesting subjects nowadays. Hannant's are advertising some nice Hungarian WWII subjects and I have a soft spot for Hungary for some reason ??
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Having built a couple of LAV-150's, & having two more plus ... um ... three Merkava's (a IID, a IIID & a IV LIC), so far, in the stash, all in 1/35, I must say I'm impressed with your work in micro-scale armour! :thumbsup:

Oh, & a Vietnam era M706 plus two M1117's also in the stash that I almost forgot. :-\

I really must start to build faster! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

Thanks for the comments guys, there is some nice stuff slowly trickling through in styrene, especially Russian modern stuff, which is a favourite of mine. Cheers Wombat, as such words from an armour master like your self are high praise indeed.
Chris 

zenrat

I'm not a fan of modern tanks but I love the V150.
:thumbsup:

The ICM 1/72 kits are detailed, if intricate builds which so far have fitted together well.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Nicely done.  :thumbsup:

I wonder if they're going to do any other turret options for the V-150? There were loads in real life.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on November 19, 2017, 03:02:47 AM
Nicely done.  :thumbsup:

I wonder if they're going to do any other turret options for the V-150? There were loads in real life.
I am hoping so, as their blurb about future releases, showed other versions. I will certainly get some.
Chris

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on November 18, 2017, 05:50:07 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, there is some nice stuff slowly trickling through in styrene, .
Chris

Having just discovered IBG's aircraft models and their quality I now know they have a large range of WWII softskins and armour in 1/72.  Some really interesting Hungarian armour in particular. I am tempted  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Lovely pair. :thumbsup: I especially like that  V-150.

I've got a good handful of small armour, mostly WWI.  Not sure why but I tend to stick to real world with them, my only armour whiff is a Berlin Saracen.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.