PLAAF Xian H-20 proposed bomber

Started by Supertom, November 22, 2017, 06:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertom

So the PLAAF's new next-gen Xian H-20 bomber has been of interest to me, and there've been a few concept drawings I've seen that's more reminiscent of those old Bill Gunston stealth aircraft concepts, but this one caught my eye today. Check out the 2nd photo:

http://www.atimes.com/article/beijing-aims-able-bomb-us-new-h-20/

Now I automatically take news on the H-20 with a ton of salt, and the lines on the image are a bit dodgy around the nose/windshield which suggests Photoshop. Plus if that's a real image it'd be all over the news by now. The source is also suspect due to the ownership, but that's irrelevant on this discussion. However, that is one sexy Whatif!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

seadude

I'm a bit skeptical on "any" Chinese flying wing bomber design. The second pic you mentioned is probably a doctored/photoshopped pic (Maybe of a model?) put out as a publicity stunt or to spread false information, etc.  I just don't think the Chinese will come out anytime soon with a flying wing type bomber anywhere near the likes of what the USAF B-2 is. From what I've seen around the Net, there appears to be three design "categories" of what the Chinese H-20 might be like:
1. Pure flying wing design similar to the USAF B-2.
2. Design similar, but heavily modified, to the Russian Tu-160 Blackjack bomber.
3. A design with elements similar to the American YF-23.

I'm betting my money on #2. ;) But........we'll just have to wait and see in a few years what China finally comes up with.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

ysi_maniac

Anyway, is nice to be built as a whif. ;D ;D ;D :o
Will die without understanding this world.

scooter

Looks like something very scale-o-ramable.  1/72'd Raptor, 1/144 B-1 windscreen, 1/48 Raptor wings
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng