Supermarine Stiletto F1

Started by 63cpe, November 23, 2017, 01:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on November 25, 2017, 05:14:10 PM
looks like something from the RAF secret jets book I have, and very convincing. :thumbsup:

It does, doesn't it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

royabulgaf

63cpe reply #3-  The reason the Swift fuselage looks so dowdy is when they transitioned from the large diameter centrigugal flow engine of the Attacker to the Swift, they kept pretty much the same fuselage diameter.  I have no clue why.  So even though it had a axial flow engine, it did not have the slim fuselage of its contemporaries.
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TheChronicOne

Agreed!  ^   It's so long, slender, and sleek.....  kind of a mosquito vibe, but in a good way!  :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

63cpe

Thanks gentlemen!

@ Royabulgaf: yes, but not only that, it's also the short, turned up nose...still somehow the fuselage doesn't fit the wings, stabilo and tail...

Still got to add splitterplates..

David

royabulgaf

63cpe yes.  The Swift Mk 7 looked better with the long nose.  Then, they hang those pipework missile racks under it.  Sigh
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

PR19_Kit

Quote from: royabulgaf on November 30, 2017, 08:33:13 PM

63cpe yes.  The Swift Mk 7 looked better with the long nose.  Then, they hang those pipework missile racks under it.  Sigh

Should have put them on the wingtips maybe?

But a Fireflash was anything but elegant............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Ok, might aswell change the planned fireflashes to firestreaks, under the wings..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: 63cpe on December 01, 2017, 11:30:03 AM

Ok, might aswell change the planned fireflashes to firestreaks, under the wings..

Much sleeker, yes.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Yesss, thread revival (sort of..) and beauty pics added. Splitter plates and AA finally done..

IMG_4850 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_4853 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_4855 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_4856 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_4860 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsonsspecial/albums/72157666695421389/with/42317309642/

Cheers,
David

The Rat

Let me modify me previous statement: I'm amazed at how amazingly amazing it is!  :bow: :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kitnut617

Lovely job  :wub:  well done on that.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Fantabulous.  The fin needs to extend back further IMO but that's just a personal aesthetic thing.
Other than that its very nice.
Well done.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Paper Kosmonaut

This plane looks so right. Great job!
dei t dut mout t waiten!

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-