Polet Cargo Airlines H4 Hercules (DONE!)

Started by TheChronicOne, November 25, 2017, 03:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

OK, I suppose it's awesomely brilliant, Brad, but it's also wonderfully executed! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jalles

That's soooooo much better than plain silver.  Makes the old spruce goose look modern. Love it  :wub:

kitnut617

Yeah! I like that TCO,   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The first one I built was as the prototype but I picked up another which has a more colourful scheme.

This one.

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig05/10056977.jpg

It's interesting to note that even though this is a 1/200 scale kit, it's bigger than a 1/72 Lancaster

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Glenn Gilbertson

That looks magnificent - well worth the hard work! :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

SUPER job there! That scheme really suits it too, magic.  :thumbsup:

And if it doesn't say 'Roast Flight', what does it say?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Quote from: loupgarou on December 30, 2017, 12:26:45 AM
You've done a beautiful job with all that painting, masking etc.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Mister Wolf!  ( ;D ;D ;D ;D  ) 

Masking.. heh... eventually I'll get to get into masking smaller sections, angles, curves, and maybe even a canopy or two.  :rolleyes:   
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Well... I thought I'd quote everyone then reply but it's making my head hurt.  :o ;D

Anyway....  thanks everyone!!! 

-Yes, modern... makes this thing look like it could be operational now. I'm surprised the scheme worked as well as it did. I figured it would work, but I didn't figure it would work so thoroughly. I think I said earlier somewhere that Polet's scheme looks better on this thing that it does on their An-124s.  ;D 

-PAN AMERICAN! Nice. I'm going to build a bunch of Pan Am stuff at some point. Simple, yet pretty schemes. You have good taste.  ;D  I will do a number of what-if ones too so I might have to track one of these down although I'd rather it be in 1/144 to match up with the rest. Is there a 1/144 of the Spruce Goose?!

-No clue what the hell it says! This part would appear to be in English instead of ... Cyrillic (or whatever).  If in English it would appear that the "S" is either an E or F and the "R" is either N or R.  I can't figure out what that would be in any combination so I'd like to know myself. Noaet Flight?  Roaet Flight?  Roaft, Noaft?  :unsure:

-GLLLLORIOUS.   ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 31, 2017, 04:03:47 AM
although I'd rather it be in 1/144 to match up with the rest. Is there a 1/144 of the Spruce Goose?!

According to the 'Big Book' (PAK-20), no. I do know there's three 1/72 scale ones. A Model, HeavyKit and Execuform. The last two are vacuform kits. There's only 25 HeavyKits HK-1's in existence though, some time ago the owner was selling the moulds for it, I was in negotiations with him to buy them (I had a notion of starting a kit business) but the deal didn't go through (Anigrand did the engine nacelles and props for it which I think is still being shown on their website).  Yep! just looked;  http://www.anigrand.com/one_off.htm

Then Execuform did their version of it and I was planning on buying one but then the owner of that company retired. I had bought a set of the Anigrand nacelles & props for it too ----   :banghead:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Hobbes

Beautiful execution of a wonderful idea  :thumbsup:

Crossing the Atlantic in ground effect must make for a bumpy ride though...

TheChronicOne

Quote from: TomZ on January 01, 2018, 11:35:33 AM
Looks absolutely gorgeous!

TomZ
Thank you so much!!  :lol:

Quote from: Hobbes on January 01, 2018, 12:11:14 PM
Beautiful execution of a wonderful idea  :thumbsup:

Crossing the Atlantic in ground effect must make for a bumpy ride though...
;D ;D  Sure enough... maybe it would just stay on the water until it came across rough seas then cruise above a few meters/feet.  :o ;D  Stuill bumpy, but less so!  ;D 

Thing was rumored to have a cruising alt. of 20,000 feet... it's just a shame it was never truly flight tested and I figure by time "mine" was made it was made out of lighter things like aluminum skin, etc. I just know it would have been neat to see just how well it could do. The SR Princess certainly flew!  ;D

Thank you!!!  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 02, 2018, 04:39:57 AM

The SR Princess certainly flew!  ;D

It certainly did, I saw it, and was totally amazed that something THAT big could actually fly!  :o

Apparently I saw the Brabazon fly too, but it obviously didn't make an impression as I can't remember it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit