Polet Cargo Airlines H4 Hercules (DONE!)

Started by TheChronicOne, November 25, 2017, 03:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 02, 2018, 01:18:45 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 02, 2018, 04:39:57 AM

The SR Princess certainly flew!  ;D

It certainly did, I saw it, and was totally amazed that something THAT big could actually fly!  :o

Apparently I saw the Brabazon fly too, but it obviously didn't make an impression as I can't remember it.

I absolutely love both.... 

Man, that had to have been one hell of a spectacle seeing it. It always kind of irks me a bit when folk get to talking about the ol' Spruce Goose and how big it is and all that...... because in my mind, the Princess was in so many ways "bigger," better, and more ambitious. More successful, as well. Bunch of flights.. But yet, it never seems to be mentioned in anything involving the Hercules. 
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Finally did my outside pictures. Took long enough!

:laugh:

-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ericr

TheChronicOne

Thanks, gents! Seems I dislodged a pontoon a bit and twisted a prop(didn't glue those) and I forgot a bit of paint under the windscreen.  ;D ;D  Ah well, I can touch up that paint and fix the other bits but the point being... seems like I always notice something AFTER I get to taking my pictures.  :rolleyes: ;D

Many thanks, again... this is definitely a favorite of my collection now. This was a lot of fun and it was a treat to build a larger sized model that wasn't overly complicated.  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

That's what the pictures are for - spotting stuff you missed.

This looks great.  It's always good to have more non military builds.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks bud!!!  And I agree... anything I can do to tilt the ratio a bit I consider it my service to king and country. Not that I have the slightest thing against them (obviously, as I build and love them) but military stuff is always in an abundance.

If ya ask me, an all civvie GB would be great fun but that might not go over too well for everyone.  ;D :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Looks great ! Amazing how that paint makes it instantly look Russian !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 09, 2018, 03:20:16 PM

If ya ask me, an all civvie GB would be great fun but that might not go over too well for everyone.  ;D :unsure:

Think we've done one or two civvie GB's over the years TCO
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 09, 2018, 03:36:27 PM
Looks great ! Amazing how that paint makes it instantly look Russian !

Aye, Cap!  Thank you. It works quite well on this thing to my great satisfaction. I wasn't so sure at first but right around the time I was wrapping up the empennage work I knew it would work out just fine. The experience building this has me of the mind to shop for more of these kits to see what other shenanigans I can get myself into. 
Quote from: kitnut617 on January 09, 2018, 03:41:50 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 09, 2018, 03:20:16 PM

Think we've done one or two civvie GB's over the years TCO
I've was fortunate enough to cruise through the stuff in the "Civilianise/Militarise It" back before the Photobucket travesty and it was a treat. I think 75% or so of it is gone now, however (was about a week to 10 days ago that I went through again).  :angry: :angry: :angry: :-\   

I'll have to take a stroll through the GB forum and archives in a bit and see what else I can find.  :mellow: :mellow: 
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Thank you!! I was hoping the outside pictures would be better and didn't want to leave yous guys hangin'.    :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:  Glad you like it!  :lol:

EDIT:  I'm pissed, though, that no one laughed at my MC Hammer joke.   :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.