Aircraft and vehicles with the same name

Started by McColm, December 03, 2017, 03:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Hobbes on December 03, 2017, 10:20:10 AM
Saab did a 900 Viggen at one point.
IIRC "Viggen" was a version of the first generation 9-3 (which admittedly was a rebadged second generation 900) but not when it was still marketed as "900". Other SAAB high-performance models were usually called "Aero".

seadude

A few sample pics from around the Internet. Maybe this might help give inspiration to a few modelers to do some custom whif building to aircraft and car models. ;)

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

PR19_Kit

I hope that Daytona Cobra is only a virtual paintjob, it'd be true sacrilege to do that to a real one!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Squizzette

Massey Ferguson 340 Tractor & the SAAB 340 Turboprop
"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

McColm

Thanks Guys,
I have seen a few cars painted in aircraft markings although the VW panel van does seem to be the preferred vehicle of choice for our European Whiffers.
The Morgan three wheeler is painted in NATO green with RAF styled roundels and fake bullet holes.
I've been on eBay trying to source the various plastic car/ van kits in 1/24 and 1/25 scale, but I think I will have better luck in the die-cast section either 1/76 or 1/43 scale and hand painting them to match.
This idea is open to all, with so many possibilities when it comes to the Ford Mustang and Jaguar, just to name two.

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 03, 2017, 12:07:41 PM
I hope that Daytona Cobra is only a virtual paintjob, it'd be true sacrilege to do that to a real one!

Video game vehicle, from Forza MotorSport 4.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Buick Skyhawk.

And there is this I built earlier...
Trabant 601s 008 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

And, although I can't find photos of it on the web, the USAF Viper Demo Team from Shaw has a Dodge Viper painted up as a Yawn Dart.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng