Big Silver Kite

Started by rickshaw, December 05, 2017, 05:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Wonderful article and pics there, thanks for posting Brian.  :thumbsup:

I like the way they say it was easier to fly than to taxi.  ;D

A silver Lysander looks weird to UK eyes as we're so used to seeing the Shuttleworth Lysander which is black!

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

I always thought this was a huge machine (based on building the 1/32 Matchbox kit as a kid) but standing next to the stripped fuselage at Cosford I realised it wasn't that big. I certainly struggle to see how they once managed to squeeze 4 people in the rear seat for an escape from Occupied France.

loupgarou

Quote from: Nick on December 07, 2017, 02:02:39 AM
I always thought this was a huge machine (based on building the 1/32 Matchbox kit as a kid) but standing next to the stripped fuselage at Cosford I realised it wasn't that big. I certainly struggle to see how they once managed to squeeze 4 people in the rear seat for an escape from Occupied France.

I think that the rear seat was removed and people sat on luggage. In the rear fuselage there is a not so small space.
Anyway, more than "escape from France", it was a quite regular shuttle service, with people coming and going on various business, resistance, sabotage, politics.
"We landed by moonlight" , by Hugh Verity, is a very interesting history of those operations.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.