Avro Canada CF-105 Mk2

Started by chrisonord, December 12, 2017, 04:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This idea had been bouncing around my morphine fueled bonce whilst in hospital, and when I got home realised it in a physical format. A Kitech 1/72nd scale  Mig 25 was taken from the stash and its fuselage and landing gears utilised, new wheels from the bits box. 1/48th scale Eurofighter typhoon wings were cut apart and measured up to the fuselage and suitably hacked to fit. A spare 1/48th scale F-16 tail was used to replace the MIG's twin arrangement, and a suitable size hole was cut in to the cockpit area to house an F-14 tomcat cockpit tub, as I wanted it to be a 2 seater. The canopy which looked perfect to fit is a 2 seat F-16 canopy I found in the bottom of a box of dead models, and that was trimmed down and stuck on, not before I put a big crack in it of course, so that will get replaced when I can get hold of another one. The wings got 3 pairs of pylons on them, and wing tip rails to fit AIM-120's. The aircraft's designation is as a long range interceptor and anti ballistic missile launch platform, carrying RIM-164 A.L anti ballistic missiles, and a variant of the PAC-3 Patriot missile that is still under development. In the interceptor role, the aircraft can carry 8 AIM-120 missiles and 2 large drop tanks. Cruise speed is Mach 2.7 and has a dash speed of mach 2.98- 3.1 depending on load carried, at very high altitude. The aircraft currently has a retro fitted data link pod on the forward lower fuselage for the A.B.M's. The aircraft has a fixed IFR probe in the nose also, no cannon is usually fitted, but a slide out panel can be replaced with a 6 barrel rotary cannon of 25 mm calibre, built in to a plug and play replacement fuselage panel. The ammunition drum is located to the rear of the cockpit.
Here is what I have done so far, still sorting rough edges scratches and putty out, but it is getting there,
Chris.
arrow mk 2 .1 by Chris Hall, on Flickr
arrow mk 2 by Chris Hall, on Flickr
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

comrade harps

Whatever.

chrisonord

This is very nearly finished, apart from replacing the canopy, all building is done. One of the landing gears just won't sit level with the other so that's annoying me now too. All the missiles are made and painted, I am thinking of decalling it and declaring it done, then I will do the surgery on it when I have done my next builds.
Chris

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

Well....
This thing has been put on the naughty shelf, I have had the final straw with it now. Out of the 20 decals I wanted to put on it, only 4 were usable. So no numbers no roundels and the ones I got on kept crinkling up, so they look crap too. So off it goes to the unfinished box. Sodding thing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Tophe

Wonderful mix of shapes! :wub:
(no need of decals, I think, just paint and clear canopy or black canopy and that would be great!) :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on December 21, 2017, 03:30:08 PM
Well....
This thing has been put on the naughty shelf, I have had the final straw with it now. Out of the 20 decals I wanted to put on it, only 4 were usable. So no numbers no roundels and the ones I got on kept crinkling up, so they look crap too. So off it goes to the unfinished box. Sodding thing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What you looking for mate ? I don't use many post War ones so more than happy to have a look in the box (s)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice one Chris ! Looks big and bad. And ugly ! lol. Defo see both aeroplanes in there gonna look good all finished !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 22, 2017, 02:14:31 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on December 21, 2017, 03:30:08 PM
Well....
Cheers Chris,
The roundels are the main thing I need. Brad very kindly sent me some roundels that are the perfect size and colour, I cut them out very carefully but when I put them on they were way too thick and stood out a mile and the backing was very opaque. The roundels are 11.5 MM in diameter and low vis Canadian ones. They were perfect for the job so I thought. Never mind.
Chris
What you looking for mate ? I don't use many post War ones so more than happy to have a look in the box (s)

NARSES2

Ah, can't help with low viz Canadian I'm afraid. Got some early 50's high viz
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 23, 2017, 02:24:46 AM
Ah, can't help with low viz Canadian I'm afraid. Got some early 50's high viz
Ah, never mind Chris, thankyou for looking for me.
Chris.

TheChronicOne

Thick roundels?! Nothing 14 coats of clear can't handle!  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, they were thick for me, too, when I used some Cuban ones from the same source a while back. I just used 'em anyway because I had less than a day left to finish it. ;D 

Good luck finding some!! There doesn't seem to be sheets littering the market for them like there are USAF or RAF stuff. I wish "people" could get out of their ruts and do something different so we can get ahold of stuff like this. I'd love to be able to find lots of African and South American stuff but doing so is like pulling teeth for some reason.  :rolleyes:
-Sprues McDuck-